FORUMS: list search recent posts

IO locks up when capturing to Caldigit Duo

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PudgeInIndy
IO locks up when capturing to Caldigit Duo
on Mar 29, 2007 at 1:22:48 am

I have a G4 with FCP Studio and an AJA IO. My storage is a Caldigit 1T Duo with a Sata PCx card. The Duo's Turbo is set at 100.

Problem:

When capturing the card seems to crash or lockup. Especially on a batch digitze. Any thoughts.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks, Ron

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: IO locks up when capturing to Caldigit Duo
on Mar 29, 2007 at 3:35:44 am

G4 is not PCI-X capable. If you caldigit requires PCI-X, then your g4 doesn't like it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

PudgeInIndy
on Mar 29, 2007 at 3:48:11 am

I'm sorry, I miss printed. The card is FASTA-4x 4 port PCI-x SATA and is what Caldigit sells to be used with the G4.

I hope it's the right card. It does work, just not all the time.

Thanks for the help though.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:50:01 pm

call Jon at Cal Digit to discuss the Fasta 4x operation in the G4.
In the mean time, go to the AJA site, select support/Kona Support, and download the AJA Kona System test. This test will tell you the speed that your drives are operating at. Jon will need this information to assist you anyway.

I ASSUME that you have NO OTHER CARDS in your G4 (like a firewire card, an audio card, etc.) - am I correct about this ?

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

PudgeInIndy
on Mar 30, 2007 at 12:40:05 pm

Thanks. I downloaded the test and it told me the story. For whatever reason periodically a write frame will drop significantly. I'm not sure what the cause is (have tried every combination I can think of), but I have a Rorke Array as a comparison and I'm working with Caldigit on the issue at this time.

Thanks again, Ron

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 30, 2007 at 11:09:37 pm

you say that you have a Rorke Array - does this mean that you have a SCSI or Fibre channel card in your G4 as well ? Pull out the SCSI or Fibre channel card, and check the performance of the SATA drive, with NO OTHER CARDS IN THE SYSTEM ! If it hangs up with no fibre or SCSI card in the system, then you have a problem. NEVER assume that cards won't conflict with each other, or one will slow the other down.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]