FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio capture problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wilson
Audio capture problem
on Mar 12, 2007 at 5:52:53 pm

Semi-newbie question...

I have captured video (8-bit S-Video) and audio (Analog) from a Canon GL2 into FCP 5 through my AJA Io successfully for two years. Today, the audio will not capture at all. I have tried audio through my mixer and straight into the Io from my camera with no results. When connected through the mixer, audio is present on the mixer but not in FCP capture.

I believe that I did upgrade to FCP 5.1.4 since I have captured any video or audio. I have also trashed FCP preferences and uninstalled/reinstalled by Io drivers and firmware.

I connect my audio from the camera/mixer into analog channels 1 and 2 using the GL2's AV out cable with phono plug adapters. Although crude, this has worked in the past.

Any suggestions? Is this an FCP or Io problem? Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Steve Wilson
Re: Audio capture problem
on Mar 12, 2007 at 6:40:27 pm

Update to my post above. I checked the audio output from the Io using external speakers and the audio is fine. So, I guess the problem is associated with the computer, not the deck.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 13, 2007 at 12:09:11 am

run the AJA I/O Control Panel - NOT FCP, and try it again. If you don't have the Pro I/O Control PAnel, download it from the http://www.aja.com site. You can test your I/O without running FCP, and without having to worry about FCP preference errors.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Steve Wilson
on Mar 13, 2007 at 12:59:05 pm

Thanks, Bob. Everything works fine when run through the IO Control Panel. I believe I have version 1.1.

And this is becoming more of an FCP issue, so I may need to move my post, but...

I have noticed that my Pro IO easy setups are labeled wrong in FCP. For example, if I choose the 8-bit S-Video US 48k setting in my FCP A/V settings, it says that it is for uncompressed 10-bit US capture. If I choose the 10-bit S-Video US, it says that it is for uncompressed 10-bit Japan capture.

I have uninstalled/deleted my easy setups and reinstalled as well as trashed FCP preferences.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]