FORUMS: list search recent posts

Firewire Conflict - Looking for advice

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adguy31
Firewire Conflict - Looking for advice
on Mar 9, 2007 at 6:32:15 am

Hey all,

I have searched the posts and found some answers regarding my topic but nothing complete so I wanted to post here.

I recently picked up an Io and am using it to capture DVCPro 50 as well as playback through an external monitor. Recently, I have been getting a lot of Voice Over work where we are having the Voice talent look at the external monitor while commenting. We are recording into a Digidesign M-Box Pro and recording through the XLR inputs.

Well, I have recently discovered that I cannot run the Io and M-Box simultaneously. I have read AJA's information on this matter but was wondering if there is a solution that will rectify this situation. Will a PCI-E Firewire card help? I don't need a switcher as I need them to run simultaneously. I know I can create a reference movie in FCP and put that into Soundtrack while the VO is being recorded but the sound booth is on the other side of the room and we specifically designed this isolation booth to have a monitor built in for exactly this purpose.

I am sorry to be long-winded but am confused about this whole situation. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Seth

Mac Intel Duo OSX 10.4.8 3.0Ghz
FCP 5.1.4
AJA Io
Pro Tools LE
After Effects 7.0
Shake 4.1

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Firewire Conflict - Looking for advice
on Mar 9, 2007 at 2:37:02 pm

What are you using for storage?

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Mar 9, 2007 at 3:00:19 pm

I often use the second hard drive for immediate capturing and then transfer to a file system via our network once the drive get over half full. I have two 750 g/b hard drives on the computer.

Seth

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 9, 2007 at 3:02:39 pm

As long as you aren't using firewire storage, I would get yourself the PCIe firewire card you mentioned. That will keep the io and MBox on separate busses and will in theory, alleviate your conflicts.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

adguy31
on Mar 9, 2007 at 5:03:37 pm

We have ordered a card and hopefully this will remedy the situation. Thanks for your help.

Seth

Thomas A. Edison

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]