FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Capture w/ IoLD

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
DavidPeralta
Live Capture w/ IoLD
on Mar 7, 2007 at 1:16:40 am

We have a studio setup and in order to speed up production times, we're capturing straight to FCP via Firewire from our DSR-1800, but also recording to tape as a backup. The DSR-1800 is hooked up SDI-in to our SDI Switcher.
What we want to do is capture via AJAio LD which is hooked up to a patch panel w/ SDI in from the DSR-1800, w/ RS-232 machine control, is there a way we can hook this up as well to have the switcher feed SDI into the AJAio while having timecode from the DSR-1800? and what else would i need to have that import?

Thanks a lot guys!

hmm... I wonder what this button does...

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Live Capture w/ IoLD
on Mar 7, 2007 at 4:04:47 am

boy, are you confusing me with your questions !
I use AJA and AVID products on a regular basis to capture directly to disk. There is no time code reference, especially one that matches an external VTR. Your switcher must have several SDI outputs - one can feed your I/O LD, and one can feed your DSR-1800 SDI input. If you only have one SDI output (hard to believe), you can get a very inexpensive SDI DA to distribute this signal (AJA makes one).
Capturing direct from a live shoot, right into your edit system is a normal proceedure today.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]