FORUMS: list search recent posts

ProIO setups crashing 5.1.4?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Diggy_D
ProIO setups crashing 5.1.4?
on Mar 3, 2007 at 11:29:18 pm

I finally took the time to upgrade to 5.1.4, but got the dreaded quit unexpectedly at startup thing. I went through and did all the usual:
-Deleted yucky avid codecs
-Trashed preferences/3rd party plugins
-Repaired permissions

I finally did a clean install and upgraded, everything worked fine - then I installed the proIO easy setups/codecs and I get the crash at startup. I uninstalled the proIO with the included uninstaller (for once a company includes one!) and everything is back to normal!

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Just thought I would check here!
-D

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: ProIO setups crashing 5.1.4?
on Mar 4, 2007 at 5:57:11 pm

you write -
I finally did a clean install and upgraded, everything worked fine - then I installed the proIO easy setups/codecs and I get the crash at startup. I uninstalled the proIO with the included uninstaller (for once a company includes one!) and everything is back to normal!

REPLY - you did a clean install, installed the ProI/O drivers, the system crashed, you UNINSTALLED, and then reinstalled the drivers, and now you are ok . Is this correct ?
If this is what you said, then yes, I have been thru the exact same thing. You load the AJA stuff, the system seems to be screwed up, you uninstall and reinstall, and everything is ok. Yes, this has happened to me in the past. It's called COMPUTERS. I have had this happen with printer drivers, and everything else.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Diggy_D
on Mar 4, 2007 at 7:51:26 pm

Hey Bob,

Sorry - I may have not been 100% clear. I uninstalled the ProIO packages and everything was fine, worked great. But I re-installed the ProIO drivers etc and I get the crashing at startup. If I uninstall them, I still get the crashing.

I'm just trying to figure out if anyone else is having any problems with 5.1.4 and the IO drivers like I am. I couldn't even get 5.1.2 to work properly with the drivers. I think I've narrowed it down to just the IO drivers and packages, but I'm just not sure.

I'm even thinking of just doing a clean install of OSX and going from there. It's kind of driving me nuts - this is the first time I've ever run into any problem of this type in 2 years!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 4, 2007 at 11:01:06 pm

I have just built a system with 5.1.4, with no issues, but as you know, all these setups are not consistant. Certainly, doing a true "clean install", where you reload your OS, would resolve these issues, but I realize how painful and time consuming this is.

As always, I recommend trashing your FCP preferences, launching FCP, and then reloading the AJA drivers again, and see what happens. Then call AJA, to ask for advice. This whole process will take a lot less time than the all day process of starting from ground zero (which you may have to do). Doing a ground zero reinstall (MAC OS, FCP, and AJA drivers) always works, but always takes a lot of time.

Bob ZElin

Return to posts index

Diggy_D
on Mar 5, 2007 at 2:51:37 am

" I have just built a system with 5.1.4, with no issues, but as you know, all these setups are not consistant. Certainly, doing a true "clean install", where you reload your OS, would resolve these issues, but I realize how painful and time consuming this is."

That's good to hear that you have it running fine, that is definitely encouraging!

I know a true clean install will be painful and time consuming, but it might be time - I've had the system for a few years now and I'm sure it's overdue. Besides, I really love painful and time consuming things - that's why I made the switch from promo editing to hour long series editing!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

-D

Return to posts index

Christopher Wright
on Mar 5, 2007 at 4:57:44 am

I actually had a problem with my Kona LH card performance on my dual G5 after the recent upgrade to DVD Studio Pro! I went to AJAs web-site and downloaded the most recent LH drivers, re-installed, and I am (gladly) back in business! I haven't tried the IO out since the upgrades to FCP and DVD Studio Pro yet. Thanks for the heads-up!

Return to posts index

Diggy_D
on Mar 5, 2007 at 9:37:17 pm

No problem, but like Bob said everyone's setup is a little different then the next, so it might work...and it might not. If you do give it a whirl, let me know! I think I've backed everything up so I'm just prepping for the system refresh...good times.

Return to posts index

Rodders
on Mar 7, 2007 at 2:57:52 am

Have you tried installing different drivers? I had problems with AJA IO v3.0 (with my OS and FCP versions) and went back to v2.1.
May not work but might be worth a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]