FORUMS: list search recent posts

What am I doing right?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
BazinoZ
What am I doing right?
on Feb 26, 2007 at 3:24:31 am

Sorry but I am new to Mac...

I have a Apple PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0Ghz Processor. I have put in a second SATA drive and can capture uncompressed video and 4 channels of audio with no problem from an 'Aja IO' using the SDI.

Seasoned FCP users that I know tell me it can't be done without dropping frames but I have no problem at all. I have even captured to fill the entire drive up and all was OK.

I have connected a lacie FW800 drive and tried the same capture and it couldn't cope so I know my test proceedure is correct. So can someone confirm that a second SATA is in fact capable of 10 bit uncompressed SD 4:2:2? If not is there must be some dark voodoo on my side!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: What am I doing right?
on Feb 27, 2007 at 5:17:40 am

you are going to eliminate the Voodoo, and do the science experiment yourself. Then you will be an expert, and be able to teach others -

Download AJA Kona system Test from the http://www.aja.com website, on the Kona downloads. Run this test (it's easy) on your Lacie FW800 drive, and then on your internal SATA drive. Observe the speeds (read and write) of each drive. Which one is faster, which one is slower. You tell us. You will now be the expert.
There is no such thing as voodoo - don't take anyone's word on anything - do the test yourself.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]