FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Machine Control Problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodders
AJA Machine Control Problem
on Feb 15, 2007 at 7:08:04 am

Hello,
I just can't get machine control!! Am using an AJA Pro IO hooked up to a DVCPRO50, J30 & SP Beta deck. I've had control before with all machines but have just relocated the suite and is not working now.
In 'Audio/Video Settings/Device Control Presets' the summary for my 'AJA IO RS-422' preset it is saying 'WARNING: Port needs to be set'. Anyone know what this means?
Also when selecting the AJA io RS-422 in the log & capture window I get the message 'this computer does not have any serial ports required by this protocol'.
I have tried various firewire ports, reinstalling drivers & firmware but no success.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Rod

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: AJA Machine Control Problem
on Feb 15, 2007 at 8:38:35 pm

Try to UNinstall the drivers using the io unistaller, and reinstall the drivers.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Feb 16, 2007 at 3:01:30 am

and make sure that your AJA I/O is actually being seen by your MAC. Run the Pro I/O Control Panel (a download from the aja.com site), and launch Pro I/O. If it's all pink, it means that you are not even seeing the AJA I/O.
If it's blue, then you are ok - you should try passing audio and video (like from your Beta VTR) thru the AJA I/O to make sure that it is working properly. Then, like you were just told, uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

With all of this said, sometimes, simply turning off the power on the I/O and restarting it, makes VTR control work.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Rodders
on Feb 19, 2007 at 2:00:49 am

Thanks for the replies, big help. It was a driver problem.
Version 3 driver doesn't work with FCP 4.5, so had to go back to Version 2.1 driver.
Regards
Rod

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]