FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems during Capture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hernandez
Problems during Capture
on Feb 14, 2007 at 3:08:28 pm

Not even before I actually capture my footage from DV Cam through a Sony DSR-1500A, the audio sounds like a timecode noise. It's really loud and at a significant beat. It's almost as if the tape is being eaten up and that's what it would sound like. Any ideas? I'm going directly in the AJA Io Ia via composite and into audio channels 1 and 2. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Problems during Capture
on Feb 15, 2007 at 1:23:02 am

how are you monitoring your audio? Are you monitoring your audio at the outputs of your AJA I/O LA ? Because the audio output of the MAC sounds like all kinds of weird noises, and you can't use that output to monitor your audio from the AJA, or anyone elses capture card.

I also assume that you don't have the DSR1500 out going into the AJA I/O LA at the SAME TIME you have the AJA I/O LA output going back into the DSR1500. Because if you are, you are hearing AUDIO FEEDBACK which sounds horrible. If you are hooked up this way, quickly drop the record audio input knobs on the DSR-1500 down to ZERO, and this feed back will go away. Ultimately, you should be using a mixer.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Hernandez
on Feb 15, 2007 at 3:54:22 pm

I am monitoring the audio as the preview when I capture my footage out of the deck. I am also not going back into the deck from the AJA. It's never done this before and I have hooked it up the same as always. Thanks for the response and I hope we can figure it out. Also, the fact that my AJA's firewire status light on the front of the unit is not lighting up. Do you know what could possibly cause this. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Feb 15, 2007 at 10:31:02 pm

Do you have other firewire devices connected to your mac? If so remove them and try again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]