FORUMS: list search recent posts

This is why you pay more money for an AJA...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin
This is why you pay more money for an AJA...
on Feb 9, 2007 at 4:16:21 am

Just a note for anyone considering the purchase of an AJA...

This afternoon I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Steve from AJA...I had a concern that my "big I/O" was not operating properly after a freelancer had used my suite last weekend. Steve ran through everything in a logical way but we couldn't find the problem...finally he said "Try This"...

I won't tell you what the actual problem was cause I feel like an idiot (had nothing to do with the I/O) but suffice it to say "AJA tech support ROCKS"!

I was told the tech support was awesome when I was considering AJA...and now I know it's true!

I'll be purchasing a KONA 3 very soon...I'm a lifer!

Thanks Steve!

Tim

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: This is why you pay more money for an AJA...
on Feb 10, 2007 at 5:06:36 pm

It will never cease to amaze me, that AJA, with it's TINY tech support staff, can handle all the support calls, with super hi quality people - while other companies, with ALLEGEDLY huge support staffs,take forever to get on the phone, and can't resolve even the simpliest technical questions.

AJA support is amazing.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Feb 10, 2007 at 11:36:11 pm

I second the motion that AJA has a wonderful support group.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
via AVID forum - why you pay more money for an AJA...
on Feb 11, 2007 at 3:25:00 pm

from the Creative Cow AVID forum -

Name: Philip Coccioletti
Date: Feb 10, 2007 at 4:25:22 pm
Subject: Avid support, hold time nightmares

Any solutions getting thru to Avid tech support would be greatly appreciated. Anyone with a close relative there... let us know!
Trying to get thru to them since Wednesday of last week. We draw the line at a 1 hr hold.
And yet they keep asking us to re-up on our assurance plan for the next year. It really is ridiculous and needs to be addressed ASAP!

Look forward to meeting your relatives.

Return to posts index

Bob Woodhead
Re: via AVID forum - why you pay more money for an AJA...
on Feb 11, 2007 at 10:14:59 pm

AJA & HUGE (aka Ciprico) - another EXTREMELY satisfied customer... It can be worth almost as much as the unit you're trying to fix to have it working NOW.

"Constituo, ergo sum"

Bob Woodhead / Atlanta
http://www.CoolNewMedia.net
Quantel-Avid-FCP-3D-Crayola

Return to posts index

CharlieX
on Mar 6, 2007 at 12:14:55 am

Totally... and not only that, they make great gear. The Io seems kinda expensive now compared to a Kona 3 card for the features... but man, our Io bays have never had downtime. Ever.

Return to posts index

Mark Beazley
on Apr 4, 2007 at 8:17:52 am

AJA has the best tech support I have ever experienced. Even more impressive in the fact that they help the "little shops" just as equally as the big ones. And I don't think I've ever had an issue with our AJA IoLA that was not solved in under an hour. The only reason I even have weirdness is when the edit system travels. Other than that, it is smooth sailing 100% of the time. For such a versatile box, I am amazed that other companies charge what they do for lesser DV25 only bridges.

-mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]