FORUMS: list search recent posts

Probelm with Video Input- No Video Error

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott evans
Probelm with Video Input- No Video Error
on Jan 16, 2007 at 3:08:11 am

I'm having trouble with a new AJA Io LA install. I have the unit hooked up to an old Umatic VTR with composite outputs. I have installed the driver and the control panel. The control panel can see the I/O and it allows me to set options. I even updated the Firmware with the Control panel. The problem I'm having, is that the control panel never see's my incoming video. It never changes from 'no video' The video present light is on, on the IO front panel. I have my Sync generator hooked up, and the video on my NTSC monitor is working fine, and looks great. Final Cut says it cannot find the IO Device when I start FCP. (FCP 5.04 , OS X 10.4.8, IO Driver 3.0, Control panel 1.1)

Summary: IO talks to control panel. Video is flowing through the IO on Analog ports. Signal will not return over the firewire cable to FCP. I can use the PROC amp with the control panel. FCP does not see the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Probelm with Video Input- No Video Error
on Jan 17, 2007 at 12:22:48 am

you say that you have a sync generator for your system (which you don't need for some old 3/4" machine). Take the black or color bar output of your sync generator and send it into the Composite Video input of your AJA I/O LA. Look at your Pro I/O Control panel, with INPUT tab selected to analog composite. Does it indicate that you are getting a video input (even if you are sending in color black)? When you say "sync generator" - I assume you have a generator that generates color black, and not sync, blanking and subcarrier.

The Pro I/O Control panel is a great tool. Forget FCP for now. If you can't get a Video INput indication on your control panel, after sending black into the video input of the I/O LA, you have a problem with the I/O LA (that is, if your black generator is working).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

scott evans
SOLVED: Probelm with Video Input- No Video Error
on Jan 17, 2007 at 3:18:42 am

I emailed back and for with AJA this moring.

I was asked to downgrade the firmware and driver, then reinstall the latest updates. I also was instructed to check a couple of the plug-ins in my Library/Quciktime folder. The replacing a couple with version the AJA tech sent to me, solved the problem. I can now capture with no problems.

BUT: Alot of my hair pulling was caused by the Control Panel. AJA said that the indicator for Analog I/O is currently broken with no ETA for a fix. Since I was using that as an indicator of my problem, I did not try FCP each tme I made a change to the I/O or the QT plug ins.

So, in summary....the control panel might not report Analog Video properly. AJA is aware of the problem. Some Quicktime CODECS/PLUG IN's may cause FCP not to see the IO.

Thanks,

Scott

Return to posts index

spinier
Re: SOLVED: Probelm with Video Input- No Video Error
on Mar 28, 2007 at 5:35:32 pm

Hi. I have this same "no video" issue. Do you happen to still have the files handy that AJA sent you that were conflicting? Or at least a list of the conflicting files?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]