FORUMS: list search recent posts

*NEW* VTR Xchange 3.0 now available

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJA Sales Department
*NEW* VTR Xchange 3.0 now available
on Dec 6, 2006 at 8:57:28 pm

Hello,

Available immediately at the support section of our website is version 3.0 of VTR Xchange, for the KONA and Io product families. New Features are:

- Universal Binary support: Universal Binary is Apple's designation for a release that works with either PowerPC computers or the newer Intel computers.

- Capture and Record frame calibration settings now have sub-frame precision. The settings actually control the relative video frame, and phase within that frame, that movie capture or playback begins. However, in most applications full integers such as +1, +2, -1, etc. will prove to be accurate. If you have been using a previous version of VTR Xchange, you will likely need to determine new calibration numbers.

Note: The AJA Io products do not support sub-frame calibration. To emphasize the fact that the Io does not support sub-frame precision for record and capture calibration, the calibration sliders stop only on integral frames when no Kona is present. If you have both a Kona and an Io installed, the calibration sliders will stop on sub-frames but when capturing/recording to an Io, the fractional part of the calibration setting is ignored.

- Added single frame "grab" and "grab now" functions. New buttons in the interface support grabbing Photo-JPEG, TGA and TIFF files. (See VTR Xchange Manual for more details under the "Frame Grabbing" heading.)

- Added support for assigning RP-188 timecode values to captured clips. This function works if RP-188 is present for an HD-SDI signal (See VTR Xchange Manual for more details under the "Preferences" heading.) Additional details on changes to controlled and non-controlled captures follow:

1. Reel name
All captured movies, including reference movies, whether captured

Return to posts index

Kim Rowley
Re: *NEW* VTR Xchange 3.0 now available
on Jan 3, 2007 at 5:33:37 pm

Thanks for this news. I really should check the AJA site and this forum more often. I'm still running the 2.1 version. Am I running any risks updating my I/O Driver mid project. I've already captured lots of media. I know I would never for example upgrade FCP mid project, but perhaps a driver upgrade is more transparent? Any advice?
Thanks!

Dual 2.7 GHz G5, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon 9650, Xserve RAID, AJA IO, 2 20" Cinema Display, FCP 5.1.2, OS X10.4.8

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]