FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio beep

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Farmerboy
audio beep
on Nov 20, 2006 at 2:04:44 pm

Hello All,
Long time reader first time poster, here's my system specks: Dual 2.7 GHz Power PC G5, 4.5 GB DDR SDRAM, 1 Tera Bite Serial-ATA storage, FCP 5.0.3,
AJA LO LA.
Now here's the problem. I captured 8 minutes 17 secs of VO at the 10 Bit-uncompressed setting. While recording everything sounded great. Upon playback I discovered a beep "similar to a heart monitor" which lasted for one frame and occurred spontaneously at 7 different times throught the VO.
I've checked all my settings and made sure everything is rendered. Any thoughts, thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: audio beep
on Nov 20, 2006 at 4:04:05 pm

That beep usually means your audio is being played at a preview level and the beep is telling you you need to render the audio. DId you put any audio filters or dissolves on it? Go to sequence > render all and make sure both of the audio options are checked. Then hit option-r (render all).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

farmerboy
on Nov 20, 2006 at 6:15:51 pm

Thanks for the advice but, everything in the time line was rendred. I can see the "beep" in the waveform and it is much more prominent in ch 1 and it occures spontaniousily. After using this system for about a year this is a firs and other thoughts?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Nov 20, 2006 at 8:35:46 pm

How exactly did you record this? Were you hooked up to a mixer and had another channel open that shouldn't have been? Did you capture from tape?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]