FORUMS: list search recent posts

Constant TC breaks - abort capture? - TC on deck appears to be seamless

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Sankey
Constant TC breaks - abort capture? - TC on deck appears to be seamless
on Oct 31, 2006 at 3:16:06 pm

Hello,

I'm digitizing Beta SP through IO LA into FCP 5.1.2 and I'm getting almost constant tc breaks, but the TC
on the tape appears to be smooth. Is there anyway I can set my preferences to digitize across tc breaks, or some other solution.
I could just make the deck "non-controllable device" but I'd really like to capture with the tc. Major pain here. I have a ton of tapes
to digitize and I'm only on the first one. I just updated my AJA driver software to correspond with the latest FCP release. Please help!!!
Many thanks in advance.

Rob

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Constant TC breaks - abort capture? - TC on deck appears to be seamless
on Oct 31, 2006 at 4:28:05 pm

Log and capture. It takes longer on the front end, but it will save you the pain you are experiencing now. You can modify your preferences to digitize across them, but you run the risk of your tc being off if you have to recapture at a later date.

Log and capture. Log and capture. Log and Capture.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 31, 2006 at 6:32:14 pm

look under the preference menu to turn off the abort feature, but first - tell me exactly what storage you have and what resolution you are working at.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Rob Sankey
on Oct 31, 2006 at 7:35:35 pm

Yep. Just talked to a guy at AJA, my firewire ports were maxed out with the hard drives. I disconnected one of my LaCie 500 GB drives and now it's digitizing smoothly.

Thanks,
RS

Rob Sankey

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]