FORUMS: list search recent posts

9 Pin Control on IO

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peterd
9 Pin Control on IO
on Oct 27, 2006 at 4:09:07 pm

How does one get 9 pin(RS 422) deck control to work on a Kona IO box. I have the remote plugged from the deck to the IO box and firewire going into the computer. Everytime I try to set deck control to rs 422 Final Cut says my computer does not have the neccessary ports.

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
Re: 9 Pin Control on IO
on Oct 27, 2006 at 9:17:27 pm

Try choosing the one of the AJA Io easy setups such as
"AJA Io- NTSC US Betacam 8 Bit to DV" or
"AJA Io- NTSC US Betacam 8 Bit Uncompressed"

This assumes that you are capturing from Analog Betacam. If not choose one that fits your source.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 27, 2006 at 11:29:19 pm

you say "Kona I/O" - do you have a Kona board, or an I/O box ? If you did not load in any drivers from the installation CD, or download them from the AJA website, you aint' gonna get nothing to work on either the Kona, or I/O box. If you have the I/O box, and it reports not finding any serial ports, it's possible that your firewire cable is not seated properly into the I/O. I urge you to download the AJA Pro I/O Control panel, to make sure that your MAC sees the I/O, and that your firmware is up to date (the Control Panel will tell you in bright red letters if your firmware is not up to date).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Lee Berger
on Oct 28, 2006 at 11:39:20 am

Bob,
I assumed that he was talking about Io because he mentions the FireWire cable between the Io and the computer.

Lee

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Oct 30, 2006 at 2:24:39 pm

Yes it is an IO box. I downloaded the latest control panel software and drivers. As I noted before the box and firewire connection seem to be working. Video does come into final cut and captures fine. It just is not giving me device control so I'm forced to use captrue now for everything.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 31, 2006 at 12:19:28 am

don't compromise - you should have VTR control. Is your 9 pin cable a good quality cable? Is it an original Sony 9 pin cable ? Are you going thru AB boxes or a RS422 patch panel? Do you have Pro I/O Sony RS422 control selected in the Audio Video settings ? If everything is correct, and it still does not work, you should get a new I/O box - don't settle ! (you did cycle power on the I/O- didn't you ?).

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Nov 8, 2006 at 5:57:09 pm

Sorry I missed the last reply. To answer your questions:

Yes I have powercycled multiple times
Don't know if I have the original sony cable but I've tried several 9 pin cables
I'm not going through any 9pin switches. The cable is going straight from the deck to the Io box
I have tried to select the default deck control for the Aja Io SDI easy setup installed by AJA's software. The name given for device control is "Aja IO to Rs-422 NTSC". when I try to select it in Log and Capture it tells me "This computer does not have any serial ports required by this protocol"

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Nov 9, 2006 at 11:08:46 pm

Peter -
I am making a GUESS here - so don't kill me if I am wrong. I believe that your computer is not even seeing the AJA I/O box. Can you get a VTR to pass video thru the AJA I/O box ?
When you go into the Audio/Video Settings under "Playback", does it say MISSING ?

Let me know .

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Peterd
on Nov 10, 2006 at 4:42:09 pm

Update: I talked with Kona support. We found that the computer did not have the firewire network port properly installed. We troubleshot the computer extensively but were unable to find a problem with it. Im' RMAing the IO box sinceit appears to be a hardwareissue

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]