FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pro Io Control panel

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
santellavision
Pro Io Control panel
on Oct 6, 2006 at 4:11:23 pm

Is there any way to use the Aja Io Control Panel to set input video levels, without having to close FCP and then re-open it? With big projects, it takes forever. There has to be a way to set video levels with the control panel, while still in FCP? (I know you can save presets in the Control panel, but I get a lot of out-of-house tapes that are all over the place)

Or, better yet, they should have a scope in the control panel, otherwise, you have to keep opening/closing FCP to see if your set.

Ernie Santella
Santella Film/Video Productions
http://www.santellaproductions.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Pro Io Control panel
on Oct 6, 2006 at 10:07:45 pm

you write -
Or, better yet, they should have a scope in the control panel, otherwise, you have to keep opening/closing FCP to see if your set

REPLY -
great suggestion, and people would pay A LOT extra for a working software scope that worked in real time. Whether the MAC has the processing power to display a real time wfm display while FCP is running, I certainly don't know.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 10, 2006 at 2:33:12 am

Bob,

FCP5.1.2 now supports RT updating of internal scopes while the timeline plays.

Sincerely,
Oliver

[Bob Zelin] " LOT extra for a working software scope that worked in real time. Whether the MAC has the processing power to display a real time wfm display while FCP is running, I certainly don't know"

Oliver Peters
Post-Production & Interactive Media
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

Oliver Peters
on Oct 10, 2006 at 2:35:41 am

[santellavision] "Is there any way to use the Aja Io Control Panel to set input video levels, without having to close FCP and then re-open it?"

FWIW - if you have both Io and Kona you can loop the output of the Io into the Kona and use the Io to adjust proc levels with FCP open. You just have to keep the Io control panel open in the BG.

Sincerely,
Oliver

Oliver Peters
Post-Production & Interactive Media
Orlando, FL
http://www.oliverpeters.com

Return to posts index

George Reis
on Nov 28, 2006 at 7:22:54 pm

This is one of my biggest disappointments with the Io.

Previously I had an Aurora card and could control the input levels while viewing the waveform monitor within FCP. What a sweet and common sense based workflow.

I upgraded to a new computer, and had to get a new capture device. Aurora doesn't currently make one for the Mac Pro. AJA has a great reputation and is said to work closely with Apple, so I pulled the plug on an Io LA. The workflow is really bad, when it works at all. Unfortunately, my version 4.5 of FCP doesn't work on my new MacPro, so I'm trying to capture directly with the VTR utility that AJA makes. No go on that machine. Tried it on my Powerbook, and there are also problems, but it is better than with the MacPro. Have been in contact with AJA support for a month now and still no resolution. Having trouble even getting them to return my calls and e-mails now, although a week ago they offered to exchange my Io LA (I just haven't seen the new one, and no one will confirm if it's been shipped).

Sorry for going off topic, but one topic seemed to just fall into the other. But, the point is, it seems quite obvious that bringing in captures with the best brightness, contrast and color is essential, so having the capability natively in FCP while capturing is pretty much a no brainer. If Aurora could do it, why can't AJA?

George

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]