FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Capturing Issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Robertson
AJA Capturing Issues
on Mar 3, 2015 at 3:40:15 pm

Hello,

This is my first time posting here, so hopefully this is the right place. I'm new to working with audio/visual equipment so please excuse me if my question/knowledge is basic.

Current Equipment:
System: Mac Pro - Late 2014
Chassis: Sonnet Technologies Echo Express III-R (Thunderbolt Chassis for AJA Card)
Media Card in Chassis: Kona LHi (with latest v12.1 Software/Drivers and Quicktime Codec v4.0)
Software: Final Cut Pro X, and the AJA Software
Configuration: Mac Pro via Thunderbolt > Echo Express III with Kona LHi card > connected to AJA Kona Breakout Box > connected to MACKIE 1402 Listenback > connected to an Adam A7X.

Issue:
Currently we are experiencing a few issues:
- By default we have the AJA system set as the primary sound output and input in System Preferences.
- When you login and try to play sound to the AJA system from the Mac Pro, there will be no sound (whether it is from iTunes, a web browser, a video, etc). Until you open up Final Cut Pro X, when you play a video, sound will start playing to the AJA system.
- Once Final Cut Pro X has been opened and played sound, all other applications can now play sound to these speakers until you logout (then rinse, repeat).
- Whenever we want to try to capture audio/video directly from the mac using Control Room, in the captured video there is video but no sound.
- Sound is set to output to the AJA system, and the speakers connected to the AJA system are playing the sound, but under System Preferences > Sound > Input (where AJA is set as the primary input device), it is not picking up on any sound.
- Now, when we try to capture a feed from our television studio cameras, Control Room captures both sound and video just fine.

Sorry for the long description but I wanted to make sure that I provided as many details as I can in hopes to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Thank You

Return to posts index

Andre Pinto
Re: AJA Capturing Issues
on Mar 12, 2015 at 7:12:45 pm

Hey, i had the exact same issue with our AJA Card and FCP7 today...

while veing in communication with the AJA tech support, i tried to solve another issue and found the root of the problem by accident...

Basically what it comes down to is sloppy cabling.
I had a cable in the analog Input 2 of the breakout box that for some reason created a feedback. as soon as i pulled that cable, all the sounds were played back properly.

I told the AJA support my findings, and they were as baffled as me. And agreed with me, that this should not be a reason for this error to occur and they will look into it. But nevertheless, this was the cause.

I fixed the Cables since and everything works fine.

Hope this helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]