FORUMS: list search recent posts

Digitizing problems.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andrew paul
Digitizing problems.
on Feb 10, 2015 at 12:57:37 am

I have two machines out of 12 that are having digitizing problems. I am still digitizing in FCP7 23.98psf. When I patch a deck to either computer the incoming signal line is blue. Once I open the Log and Capture window the line goes red and the Primary Format changes from 1080psf23.98 to 1080p23.98 on the Kona 3G and 1080i30 on the lhi.

Even though the line is red, the lhi will digitize the footage, but the footage is is shaking in the window. Digitizing to the 3g, even though the line is red I see the footage clearly, but when I capture the footage it is digitized green with lines.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the drivers 10.6.1 for both and tried 4 different decks. I can digitize 29.97 media just fine and I can digitize 23.98 media in any other room no problem.

10.9.5 Mac Pro
Aja Kona 3G and lhi 10.6.1
3 Panasonic AJ-HD1400s and 1 HDW-F500
Tri Level Sync - Bright Eye 55

Any help is much appreciated. Let me know if I can clear anything else up or provide pictures. Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Kuhnen
Re: Digitizing problems.
on Feb 13, 2015 at 8:39:53 pm

I don't have an answer to your specific problem but I would suggest, if possible, to try and isolate the problem(s) to specific card(s).

If you have access to known, working 3G and LHi cards, try swapping cards between computers. Don't swap cables, computers or software since that will only add to the possible variables, only swap the card.

If you can verify that one LHi or 3G card works and another does not, in the EXACT same environment, you can follow up with AJA support for repair or replacement.

If the known working card fails, then it's likely a problem in the cabling, software or computer hardware.

David Kuhnen
BVK-Milwaukee
Video Editor/Engineer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]