FORUMS: list search recent posts

Latest AJA drivers and CS6 plugins

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Biando
Latest AJA drivers and CS6 plugins
on Jan 28, 2015 at 12:44:44 am

HI All,

It appears that the latest several releases of the AJA Adobe plugins do not install to CS6, but only to the CC paths. Is this correct, and if so, is there a work around? I use both an LHi and an IO Express with Mavericks and Yosemite, and I cannot get my CS6 apps to work with any of the AJA hardware. Older drivers and plugins work just fine but I would like to update to current drivers and keep my CS6 functionality.

Thanks for any help or information!

Danny Biando

Return to posts index

David Kuhnen
Re: Latest AJA drivers and CS6 plugins
on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:10:21 pm

I am still on Mountain Lion (10.8.5), the last time I rebuilt I tested several combinations of AJA drivers and Adobe Plug-ins. I wanted to have access to both CS6 and CC.

My system is currently using the 10.4.9 driver and 10.4.8 plug-in. I'll be going through a similar test process as I move to Mavericks (a stable, dependable system is MUCH more important to me than having the latest and greatest).

I'm afraid if you need to have access to CS6 you will be left behind as new drivers come out.

David Kuhnen
BVK-Milwaukee
Video Editor/Engineer

Return to posts index

Danny Biando
on Feb 4, 2015 at 7:32:38 pm

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I figured out a way to get the plugins for AE and PS to work. After installing the unified drivers, first going to custom install settings and selecting all plugins, I moved the plugs from the application support directory to the CS6 plugin directories of AE and PS. The driver installer creates CC folders in the app support directory which contain the plugs that can be moved. So far, so good. Haven't been able to get PPro to see the plugs, however...

Danny

Return to posts index

David Kuhnen
on Feb 4, 2015 at 8:21:43 pm

Yeah, based on my experience in testing, I don't think it's a matter of PrP "seeing" the plug-in drivers, it's an incompatibility of the new plug-ins with CS6.

The best you could hope for would be to install the 10.4.8 (or try incrementally newer) plug-ins and see if they'll work with the new driver software.

David Kuhnen
BVK-Milwaukee
Video Editor/Engineer

Return to posts index

Danny Biando
on Feb 5, 2015 at 5:20:49 am

Will do, David. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]