FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 test signal problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Patience
Kona 3 test signal problem
on May 14, 2014 at 4:23:50 pm

Hi All

I have a Kona 3 card with a K3 breakout box. For some reason I cannot change the test pattern. I can select all the options but just not change the test pattern.
I am using software version 10.5.1 and everything else seems to work. I have re-installed the Kona drivers a couple of times and re-installed FCP 7.03

This has not been an issue until now, it has worked flawlessly for years. My OS is 10.7.5.

It was working fine using this configuration until now. One thing I have noticed is that if I change the test signal then open FCP so it "grabs" the Kona card.
Once I return to test patterns it has changed. Otherwise I can select any pattern just nothing changes unless I dip in and out of FCP.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 or MC V 7 with Symphony option. FCP7.03 Color, DaVinci Resolve, Media creation and conversion. Adobe Encore DVD & BluRay creation and authoring.
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 or MC v7 with Symphony option FCP7
7TB raid 5 fibre storage.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: Kona 3 test signal problem
on May 19, 2014 at 7:35:00 pm

if I remember correctly, this problem used to exhibit itself when you attempted to change this value using a non-Administrator level account. Maybe that's it. Otherwise, I would still point to something permissions based.

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: Kona 3 test signal problem
on Jun 1, 2014 at 7:43:30 pm

Thanks for the reply - will certainly check that out. I am pretty sure there is only the admin user set up on the machine but will investigate further.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

8 Core MacPro, Kona 3, Tangent Wave, Mackie Universal Symphony 6.5 or MC V 7 with Symphony option. FCP7.03 Color, DaVinci Resolve, Media creation and conversion. Adobe Encore DVD & BluRay creation and authoring.
i7 2.7 Gig MBP (non retina) 16Gigs Ram Blackmagic Monitor Mini Symphony 6.5 or MC v7 with Symphony option FCP7
7TB raid 5 fibre storage.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]