FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE Kona LHi still outputting video when "computer monitor only" selected in preferences

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Merrifield
AE Kona LHi still outputting video when "computer monitor only" selected in preferences
on Aug 27, 2013 at 5:11:57 am

Can't figure this one out.
I upgraded the AJA driver on the LHi in this Mac Pro 4,1 system (full details below) yesterday to 10.4.5
(this is to aid the current ongoing transition to Adobe CC as well as just have the latest. Many issues with CC but that is another story)

Now, when the Adobe After Effects CS6 Video Preview preference is set to "computer monitor only"
The output of the Kona LHi remains on our external FSI Monitor. This is an issue since we often go to "computer monitor only" to enable real time playback in one of our heavy composites etc.

Happening in AE CC as well.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Kona drivers going back to 10.4.1. Same issue. (restarting after every uninstall and install as recommended)

Also a little odd, If I choose an output of say 525 29.97 in AE, the Kona output doesn't change, stays at 1080p or whatever output is selected in the AJA control panel. This has never been the case in the past. Whatever output I choose in the "video preview" preference previously is what goes to the monitor through the Kona. No longer.

Also, often the AJA and other selections go away as a choice in video preview as I check and switch and trouble shoot etc. After AE quit and re-launchm they are back. Just a side note really because the output stays on the external regardless of what is going on in AE. If I switch to another desktop or app, it goes to black or test pattern as it should. AJA TV seems to function normally.

Something is corrupt somewhere and I will greatly appreciate your help to find it.

MacPro 4,1
2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
40 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC
OSX 10.7.5
Kona LHi
Nvidea Quadro FX 4800
Seagate ATA 7200 program drive
SSD cache disk drive
Media Raid: Caldigit HDElement, gets around 300 mb/s

Thank you in advance.
-Jon

Jon Merrifield
VFX Supervisor / Creative Director
PELi Studios

Return to posts index

Jon Merrifield
Re: AE Kona LHi still outputting video when "computer monitor only" selected in preferences
on Aug 27, 2013 at 10:13:11 pm

I was able to solve. This was a AJA Adobe plugin issue. I removed the plugins from AE (left them in PP and PSD, and this solved my issues.

Thank you in any regard.

cheers,

Jon Merrifield
VFX Supervisor / Creative Director
PELi Studios

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: AE Kona LHi still outputting video when "computer monitor only" selected in preferences
on Aug 28, 2013 at 5:04:44 pm

When you have questions like this, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email. Technical support is provided free of charge Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST.

The AJA Adobe Plug-Ins Release Notes for version 10.4.5 notes the following:
• Adds new ‘Disable’ checkbox to After Effects plug-in. This allows the user to shut off the AJA hardware without uninstalling the plug-in.

You may find the AJA Adobe Plug-Ins Release notes here on the AJA website:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/ReleaseNotes/PlugIns/AJA_Adobe_Plugins_Relea...

This information is also included on page 30 of the Adobe Plug-Ins manual that was installed with version 10.4.5.

Again, if you have questions, please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]