FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kernel Panics with 10.4.5

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Sternberger
Kernel Panics with 10.4.5
on Jul 24, 2013 at 8:29:02 am

Hi,

wanted to give Premiere CC a test drive. Which is on a MacPro 1,1 with an Ati 5870 and a Kona 3 running Lion.
It was running ok (smooth playback, ok scrubbing) but I had Audio problems (crackling, dropouts etc.) Then I realized that I was still running an older version of the Kona drivers, so I decided to install 10.4.5. But after reboot I got kernel panics. I went back with time machine to the prior version. But shouldn´t these drivers work with that setup!!??

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
Re: Kernel Panics with 10.4.5
on Jul 28, 2013 at 12:55:36 am

I had the exact same issue with the exact same hardware. Aja told me they are aware if the issue and are working on a fix. I'm not sure how long the fix will take since the Kona 3 is listed as Legacy hardware, but hopefully soon. You may want to call or email them too as well to let them know other users are having the same issue.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Aug 2, 2013 at 9:31:32 pm

I too have been chasing the audio issue in Premiere on the mac. Mine is a 2,1. I was re-reading the Adobe plugin release notes, and it says must be using the 64bit Kernel. Since both of us have 32 bit EFI we are not allowed to run 64bit processors, even though the same processors are in the Mac 3,1. I wonder if this is the audio issue?

Kevin

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Aug 5, 2013 at 8:00:12 am

I think the audio issue is not directly related to running CC on a 32bit efi. I also happens on other systems.

But, ironically, my 1,1 MacPro was running ok with the 64bit CC Plugin before. Only when I upgraded the kona card-driver to 10.4.5 things got crazy.

Return to posts index

Kevin Christopher
on Aug 7, 2013 at 3:33:08 pm

I have the 10.4.4 driver on a Mac 2,1. It has 32 bit efi so no 64 bit kernel. My Audio drops, pops and generally is un useable. I have totally disabled my Kona card in premiere pro because of it. I'm due for a major system upgrade so I may just dump my Kona 3 Card since it will no longer be supported. I had been holding out for a new Mac Pro and we all know where that is.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Aug 8, 2013 at 8:35:34 am

I´m definetly in for the new mac pro, when it is out. I think you could still use your Kona with that machine - in a thunderbolt-chassis. (If you need I/O at all)
I´ll personally get an AJA T-Tap for Monitoring with the new mac pro and leave the kona where it is. For an occasional HDCAM or Digi-Beta costumer....

Return to posts index

Eric Sternberger
on Sep 9, 2013 at 8:50:58 am

The new driver solved this issue for me - and the recent Premiere is running beautifully - even on this seasoned MacPro.

Thanks AJA, thanks Adobe...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]