FORUMS: list search recent posts

After Effects CC Output Not Scaling Properly

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Pappas
After Effects CC Output Not Scaling Properly
on Jun 25, 2013 at 8:29:49 pm

Hello All,
I just updated to the latest AJA drivers for my Kona 3 to use with After Effects CC, and I now can't figure out how to make it scale the output properly. If I work at quarter resolution, the output image is only a small, quarter-res size on my external monitor rather than scaled to fill the screen. The Video Preview preference option for "Scale and Letterbox Output to Fit Video Monitor" doesn't seem to be the issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

Josh

Return to posts index

Daniel Witt
Re: After Effects CC Output Not Scaling Properly
on Jun 25, 2013 at 10:50:09 pm

I've got the same issue, unless this is really a feature. At first I wasn't sure how to bring it back to fill the screen, but putting it back to Full Res fixed that. However, it's not an ideal fix. Anyone know the magic preference?

Return to posts index

Jef Huey
on Jul 2, 2013 at 9:21:50 pm

I have never seen it work any other way! I think that is "normal". It is annoying. But it may be the only way it can be.

Jef

Return to posts index

Josh Pappas
on Jul 9, 2013 at 8:29:42 pm

I remembered what it was... I didn't use the AJA Adobe plugins for After Effects in the past, but I installed them when I updated. Having now removed the AJA Adobe plugin for After Effects (still using them for everything else), the video previews now function the way I expected. I hope this helps someone else!

Return to posts index

Daniel Witt
on Aug 1, 2013 at 6:58:36 pm

Simply uninstalling the AJA Adobe Plugin for After Effects didn't fix the issue for me, it actually seemed to make it worse, since I couldn't output anything.
I was directed by AJA to install the older driver (10.4.4) without the Adobe plugin, and it worked! Back to normal. They know there's a bug in 10.4.5 that prevents After Effects from working properly with it, so they're working on it for 10.4.6. So for now, install 10.4.4 without the Adobe plugin (if you're using Premiere, go ahead and install the plugin for Premiere, no problems there).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]