FORUMS: list search recent posts

HP Dreamcolor Expert needed !!!!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vu
HP Dreamcolor Expert needed !!!!
on Mar 9, 2013 at 2:53:23 am

I have no idea where to post this but here you go:

I'm using EasyDCP player+ to verify all our DCPs. When viewing on the HP Dreamcolor, i can see tearing artifacts. I know this is a monitoring issue as the same DCP looks fine in our cinema room via a 2k projector and a DCI compliant server.

We are using a Z800 with a Quadro 4000 connected to the Dreamcolor via DVI. We spec out this system following EasyDCP Players + requirements.

I read that the Dreamcolor can playback 24p with no artifact and that's why we bought it. Do i have to set the refresh rate to 48hz or is this done automatically ??? In the Nvidia control panel i onyl have the 60 Hz option activated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as HP support for the Dreamcolor SUCKS!!!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: HP Dreamcolor Expert needed !!!!
on Mar 14, 2013 at 12:33:29 am

My Dreamcolor is run through an AJA HDP2 which allows video frame rates.

SDI out of Kona, into HDP2, dvi to hdmi cable, to hdmi of Dreamcolor.

HDP2 set to HDMI protocol, 444 RGB, progressive, deep color, frame rate to auto, but you can manually set it if you'd like.

Dreamcolor engine works in this setup and I have had no issues with it. I mostly work in 709, though.

I do not work with dcps so ymmv.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Anhtu Vu
on Mar 16, 2013 at 1:39:43 am

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply.

EasyDCP player + does not support SDI from or AJA or Black Magic. It uses the DVI of the Graphic Cards and apparently it does not use the refresh rate of the card so they actually recommend 60 hz refresh rate setting for 24P DCP playback. I'm out of option as the tearing still persist.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Mar 16, 2013 at 3:32:35 am

I have heard that actual baseband "video" support from NVidia cards is not very good.

I use baseband video exclusively, so I'm not sure in what direction to point you.

Sorry about that.

If your card could handle 48Hz out, the Dreamcolor would handle it as it auto senses the refresh rate and is capable of 48Hz, I use it all the time.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]