FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync Issues: Kona 3G and SRW-5500 Deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Keller
Sync Issues: Kona 3G and SRW-5500 Deck
on Feb 1, 2013 at 8:09:28 pm

Hello,

I'm having sync issues, hoping someone can help. I'm trying to capture HDCAM 23.98psf from Sony SRW-5500 deck into Kona 3G on FCP 7.0.3 on Mac Pro. Have the latest install 10.4.3 of AJA Control Panel installed. Capture settings are se to AJA KONA 3G 1080psf23.98 Apple ProRes 422 (HQ). All my FCP settings appear correct...deck control, etc.

Deck is set to External Ref. (Not locked). I've also tried AUTO, and Input...both not locking to anything as I'm trying to capture, not record to.

The problem: when I open log and capture control panel automatically switches to 25fps PAL. When I close Log & Capture - AJA control panel goes back to 23.98psf. FCP settings are correct though. I'm going mad. Have tried restarting FCP, trashing prefs, restarting Mac Pro, and deck.

I've tried running a Sigma Electronics BSG-26n black generator to the Kona breakout (which it reads fine) and the deck. However, SD ref on deck never seems to stick. Am thinking it needs to be SD-SDI at the least, not composite.

OK - so, I tried sending ref. out of the deck to the Kona card. Control panel sees the signal, I select it, same problem upon capture.

I'm thinking I need to try getting an AJA GEN10 or something to send tri/sync.

Here's the problem though - why wouldn't sending ref out of the deck work? AJA control panel sees the ref correctly at 1080psf23.98 but will not stay on that when I open log and capture.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott

Return to posts index

Scott Keller
Re: Sync Issues: Kona 3G and SRW-5500 Deck
on Feb 1, 2013 at 8:24:13 pm

I just changed the Firmware mode in AJA Control Panel to 'Standard Mode' from '4k Mode'...4k mode just enables the 4k functions. It auto-shutdown my machine. Booted back up - captured without opening Control panel and it worked!

Just opened AJA Control Panel, checked settings again, and captured. It DID NOT revert to 25fps.

Is this a bug?

Return to posts index

Scott Keller
Re: Sync Issues: Kona 3G and SRW-5500 Deck
on Feb 1, 2013 at 10:13:28 pm

I have confirmed that this is an issue with the 4k Mode in AJA control panel. I changed the mode in AJA Control Panel back to '4K Mode' (Version 10.4.3), shutdown, and started up again. Upon capture of 23.98psf footage, AJA Control Panel changes the frame rate to 25fps pal.

I will change the mode back to Standard Mode (Not that I needed the 4k mode any way), for the fix. Hope this helps someone.

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]