FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Display Problem

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonathan Hensley
AJA Display Problem
on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:44:39 pm

Got a conundrum here...

We are an FCP7 facility using the Kona 3G. Until recently we had the Kona only displaying on only a JVC Professional monitor, but some of the higher ups in our facility wanted to add a large client monitor with a consumer-grade television at their choosing (for cost purposes). They chose a $800 Samsung HDTV with only HDMI ports.

The JVC is a few years old and has been connected to the Kona breakout box via Component cables. It does not have direct HD-SDI inputs. As such, Final Cut's Kona settings are set to 1080 23.98PsF.

For the new monitor, a Samsung, we bought a AJA Hi5 adapter to take HD-SDI to HDMI.

Here's the problem:

When Final Cut is set to 1080 23.98PsF, the JVC monitor displays, but not the Samsung. When Final Cut is set to 1080 23.98P, the Samsung displays, but not the JVC. The only 1080 display setting that works for both is 1080i at 29.97.

I know that component is only capable of taking 1080i (or PsF), so my question is, is there anything I can do to the Hi5 to get it to take PsF and convert it to HDMI? Is there another AJA adapter for the Samsung I should consider (please note it only has HDMI inputs)? My preference would be to get the Samsung to take PsF as opposed to having to buy TWO adapters (one for the JVC and one for the Samsung).

I'm just looking for some professional brainstorming. Thanks for your advice!

Return to posts index

Aboud Orfali
Re: AJA Display Problem
on Feb 27, 2013 at 10:06:26 am

Dears;
Greetings..

I have the following setup:
Apple Mac Pro 2.4 (12 cores)/FCP 7.
AJA Kona 3g with breakout box.
Panasonic HD Broadcast monitor.
Final Cut is set to 1080 /25i 10 bit.
Here is the problem:
with the previous setup i can not display image on the Panasonic using the HDMI connection,I also cant get any image when playback on the FCP with as I only get sound.
Thank you for your suggestions & help
Regards
Aboud

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]