FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Error (-101) - AJA Kona causing this issue?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jessica Muth
Quicktime Error (-101) - AJA Kona causing this issue?
on Dec 20, 2012 at 4:15:18 pm

Currently running 10.7.4 with an AJA Kona LHi connected and keep receiving error code (-101) when trying to play back videos using Quicktime Player X. I have read that the error could be a result of:

1. Sound device on logic board
2. External sound device
3. 10.7.4 update

Reading also is to either repair the sound device on the logic board, wait for a new driver to come out for the external sound device, or do a fresh install of Lion.

However, has anyone ever run into the issue of a AJA Kona as the external sound device causing this issue?

Jessica Muth
jmuth01@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Steve Modica
Re: Quicktime Error (-101) - AJA Kona causing this issue?
on Dec 20, 2012 at 4:56:12 pm

Try this:

Create a new account on the system and login to it. Then try. The new account will have clean preferences.
If that works, go back to the old account and delete all the Aja prefs and try again. If it fails, you know you have a systemic problem like a driver issue.

Steve

Steve Modica
CTO, Small Tree Communications

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Quicktime Error (-101) - AJA Kona causing this issue?
on Dec 21, 2012 at 10:28:42 pm

Applications> AJA Utilities
Uninstall AJA Drivers
reboot.
Boot up your computer, launch FCP, play your video. (there are no AJA drivers loaded now). Does it play ? Yes or no ?

If yes - then go to http://www.aja.com
click on support, and download the latest AJA Kona LHi drivers, and reinstall them. It will ask you to reboot. When you reboot, it may ask you to update your fimrware (which is just clicking on the "update your firmware", and then shutting down the computer).
SO, now that you have reloaded your AJA drivers - can you play your FCP sequence ? Yes or no ?

If the original answer when you uninstalled your drivers was "no - it still won't play my sequence, and is still giving me the Quicktime Error -101", then delete your FCP preferences, and try again. If you do not know how to delete your FCP preferences, write back and I will tell you.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]