FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LH in a new MacPro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Sacci
Kona LH in a new MacPro
on Dec 4, 2012 at 10:56:48 pm

I'm looking into upgrading an original 8-core MacPro (3.1) to a new 12-core MacPro. It has a Kona LH (not the "e" or "i") is there any chance that card would work in a new system and Mtn. Lion?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Kona LH in a new MacPro
on Dec 5, 2012 at 3:48:40 am

The KONA LH was a PCI card. The KONA LHe was a PCIe card. Both versions are now end-of-life. The last driver version offered for these cards is v9.1 which provides support for the Snow Leopard and Lion OS versions, but not the Mountain Lion OS.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Dec 6, 2012 at 3:18:18 pm

In short...no.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Clemens Fischer
on Dec 28, 2012 at 2:43:19 am

I have the same purpose as michael, and i am going to buy a new kona card for my new 12-Core MacPro.. The question is... which should i buy...? I want - of course - best quality and best performance. In the past i used the LHe. I don't need 16 audiochannels, because i dont have recorders.. My workflow is based on ProRes HQ, AVCHD, and mp4 footage. I loved the LHe because it's inputs and outputs.. I have no idea which card i should choose...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]