FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3G Control panel not displaying timecode...

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Sirabella
Kona 3G Control panel not displaying timecode...
on Nov 9, 2012 at 3:56:09 pm

Hi All,

I have a Kona 3G card and was asked to capture some digibeta tapes with embedded time code. After some research I saw that using AJA VTR Exchange that you can capture the embedded time code from the deck directly.

In VTR I can see the timecode when the deck option is selected but can not when RP188 is selected. I than with into the AJA control panel and I do not see it there also under the timecode option but in all the examples I have read it is there. Is it a hardware issue as you must have an HD-SDI connected via BNC I read or something else?

When I brought the footage into FCP I see the embedded time code but once I place on the timeline the timecode is not being used on the timeline. I figure that makes sense cause of different clips will have all different time codes and you will create a new timecode when you output. I saw in QT PLayer 7 you can see the embedded timecode generated by FCP. So do you need VTR to capture embedded timecode as I read or not? Seems FCP capture did it fine based upon media-in and media-out values.

Thank you all for reading and sorry for the newbie questions and trying to get better at this.

-js

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]