FORUMS: list search recent posts

Updating my Sync source (also posted under different header in Smoke 2013 forum)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylor
Updating my Sync source (also posted under different header in Smoke 2013 forum)
on Oct 30, 2012 at 10:24:13 am

I have already posted this in the Smke frum, as its relevant to both Smoke and AJA Kona...

Up to now, all my edits have been done in standard def Pal. Occasionally i get HD material to work with, but as I don't have a HD tape deck, and the material is usually already encoded thats not been an issue.

My edit suite has black burst feeding all the various bit of kit with ref signals, including the Kona3 card.
Now when i try set up Smoke to run an HD edit, it tells me it cannot lock to sync as i obviously don't have Tri-Level syncs and will only run in "Free" mode. I'd feel happier knowing all was in sync!

So heres where i get confused...How do i incorporate a new ref signal into the edit suite?
Can devices that expect BB work with Tri-level?
Can i simply replace the BB with Tri and hope it will all stay synced?

I tried looking on the website for Snell & Willcox- my current BB is in an IQ Modular rack (mostly empty!) but the site is definitely for engineers and left me more confused than ever! And it look smore expensive than i can justify.
I have seen a neat little Blackmagic box that will send out 6 BB or Tri signals and its under £200. would this be sufficient?

sorry if this post is too off-subject, i could not see a more appropriate place to post it!
Adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Updating my Sync source (also posted under different header in Smoke 2013 forum)
on Oct 30, 2012 at 9:56:14 pm

because you are on the AJA forum, I will answer with an AJA Product - buy the GEN10. It's cheap, and it's great.
Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: Updating my Sync source (also posted under different header in Smoke 2013 forum)
on Oct 31, 2012 at 9:10:26 am

thanks Bob - i spotted that product only after i had posted my question! Don't know why they dont package the power supply with the device though - seems a little odd.

As you have responded, would you mind me asking how two different sync types can co-exist in the same suite?

I was always taught that you should have only one black burst generator. So i am puzzled about what i should be feeding to the various bits of kit. My Kona 3 seems happy with BB unless i try run Smoke. Everything else is happy with BB - mainly because my kit is all Pal SD digibetas etc. No HD kit in my room.

thanks
Adam

Adam Taylor
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Nov 1, 2012 at 1:37:31 pm

and the very day after i moaned the power supplies are an extra - AJA announce they are now bundling them free.

Great news - thanks AJA!

Adam Taylor
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]