FORUMS: list search recent posts

Terrible Previewing in AE CS6

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Robles
Terrible Previewing in AE CS6
on Jul 6, 2012 at 4:51:24 pm

We have a few systems with AE CS6 and AJA Kona 3's and we can NEVER get them to preview HD spots correctly. We have the latest Drivers and plugins installed for Adobe but any time I try to play back a 1080p sequence it plays out of sync, or drops frames, or just plain stays REALLY REALLY slow. No mater what combination of setting I use I cant get it to play correctly, and even more frustrating is the fact that you can no longer turn off previewing like you did in the older Adobe plugin. All of our sequences are 1080p 29.97 in AE, and ive set the Kona to all kinds of combos in the AE plugin window and in the control panel. Yet our Blackmagic cards can play any resolution at any downconvert or upconvert setting with no hiccups. Whats the deal here?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Terrible Previewing in AE CS6
on Jul 7, 2012 at 11:45:36 am

Hi.

Unless you're using the ioExpress, there's no reason to use the AJA plugins for Ae, rather you should set the video out in prefs and use the AJA control panel for conversions. If you have installed the Ae plugin specifically, you should uninstall and reinstall the Adobe plugs and leave the Ae option unchecked.

I find Ae CS6 is performing very well with AJA cards, certainly the best and fastest iteration to date as Ae CS6 seems to have been greatly optimized.

Return to posts index

Jim Miller
on Jul 20, 2012 at 8:11:40 am

Glad you are having a good experience with CS6/Kona. I have the Kona LHe Plus and when I hit play in Premiere CS6 I hear audio only about 1/4 of the time, and 1/2 the time it isn't clean sounding. Syched Audio/Video is also inconsistant. FCP 7 and After Effects work perfectly with the AJA Card. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jim

Return to posts index

Matthew Causon
on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:46:14 pm

Hello Jim

Why don't you call AJA tech support? It's free and they will I'm sure sort this out for you.

Best regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]