FORUMS: list search recent posts

SpeedGrade

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stuart Smith
SpeedGrade
on Jul 6, 2012 at 3:12:19 pm

Does anyone have any idea how close the Kona is to supporting SpeedGrade?
Thanks
Stuart

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: SpeedGrade
on Jul 6, 2012 at 7:26:20 pm

[Stuart Smith] "how close the Kona is to supporting SpeedGrade"

About the same as supporting Resolve, I'd have to imagine. Doesn't seem to be much point, because unless Blackmagic signs on, its moot -- You'd have to be moving from Apple COLOR, but that is also going in the other direction from nVidia, the way most people would be set up with Adobe's mercury Engine. (Inferring that Apple COLOR was friendlier to ATI/AMD GPUs.)

And considering that Resolve is BMD's baby.... they won't even put in the work to extend support to Tangent 200-series control panels, and so I'm guessing Kona support is never gonna happen. It would be entirely in Adobe's court to make it work, and here we go....

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Stuart Smith
on Jul 6, 2012 at 8:33:57 pm

Hey, thanks, but considering SpeedGrade is now part of the Creative Suite I'm not sure what BMD has to do with it, but at the Adobe Roadshow a few weeks ago both Adobe and AJA indicated they were working on supporting Speedgrade on the Kona.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 6, 2012 at 8:49:10 pm

[Stuart Smith] "at the Adobe Roadshow a few weeks ago both Adobe and AJA indicated they were working on supporting Speedgrade on the Kona."

I was one of those speakers ( ATL, DC, ORL) and while I did mention Speedgrade, it will take Adobe a little longer to be able to make Speedgrade Video out accessable on anything other than the Nvida card on the Windows versions, this was the same as when the app was still an Iridas Product.

When it happens, it will be big news, because video out from Speedgrade is a high priotity item for Adobe.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

Stuart Smith
on Jul 6, 2012 at 9:03:21 pm

Thanks Gary, yeah, you guys did a great job, thanks. Just curious, why would you mention windows specifically? Is that just to indicate that the issues with the Windows versions is what's slowing down the whole process? Or were you indicating that it may happen sooner for people like us that are on Macs?

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jul 6, 2012 at 9:31:35 pm

[Stuart Smith] "Just curious, why would you mention windows specifically? "

It was because Iridas developed the Speedgrade App on the Windows Platform and since the Adobe acquisition was only in September of last year , there was not even a full year of development with the Adobe team.

Speedgrade is still using the default Video-out engine that Iridas developed prior to acquisition and that was around using GPU acceleratiling Nvidia boards with an HDSI daugther card

However, undoing all of that originial work to allow access into the Adobe Transmit schema, needed more time that the CS6 launch date allowed.

That structure IMHO will assume the best attributes of both the Adobe Suite and Speedgrade, parts of which you can see already with huge chunks of the Iridas code within the Native support for both R3D and ARRIRAW native formats inside of Premier and AE.

Iridas was always a leader in handling RAW and Stereo3Ds workflow and one of the first to support natively handling the RAW formats for grading, it will just take a little while to intergrate all of the technology into the Adobe Suite.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]