FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHi on Avid sluggish with errors and crashes

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Hirshberg
Kona LHi on Avid sluggish with errors and crashes
on May 25, 2012 at 3:13:34 pm

Hello,

Wondering if anyone else is having problems with Kona card on their Avid? It works as far as input/output very well, but is very sluggish on the trim edits, and many times during a trim I get skinny beach ball, then either an std:exception error, or something like an AMA Mapper error, and sometimes a crash, or if I'm lucky, a chance to save before restarting.

The footage is mostly Linked by AMA (I know, I know, not ideal), but I'm not getting these errors and sluggishness when I uninstall the Kona drivers. It's happening too often now that it's become a major problem. I've got all the latest recommended drivers from AJA and I'm on MC 6.0.1.1.

Could the card itself be bad?

Thanks,

Craig

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Kona LHi on Avid sluggish with errors and crashes
on May 25, 2012 at 4:25:18 pm

If you have not already, please consider contacting AJA Technical Support via phone or email. They will be happy to review your configuration.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 30, 2012 at 12:39:19 am

Could be a lot of things. I hope that AJA Tech support helps. Because my AJA Kona 3 is more stable and fluid on my Avid than it was on FCP. I get no issues with it on when I trim or edit...all is fine on my end.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Craig Hirshberg
on May 31, 2012 at 4:16:27 pm

I am currently working with AJA tech support on this, sending screen grabs of errors and circumstances, etc. as they come up. I will post more once resolved.

Craig

Craig Hirshberg
Rock Creek productions, Inc.
http://www.rock-creek.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]