FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Kona Drivers for CS6?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Hedin
AJA Kona Drivers for CS6?
on May 11, 2012 at 5:54:30 pm

CS6 is out and I just ordered the upgrade, now I'm wondering how long before AJA drops the new drivers on us. Any indication?

MacPro
OSX 10.7.2
Kona 3
Adobe CS5.5

Kevin Hedin
Digital One, Inc.
Anchorage, AK

Return to posts index

Danny Nieder
Re: AJA Kona Drivers for CS6?
on May 11, 2012 at 6:54:23 pm

No one outside of AJA knows. They say "soon." It's a bummer they didn't (couldn't?) make them available for the launch of CS6.

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on May 11, 2012 at 7:14:13 pm

They are on the AJA site now. For all of the latest cards, but not the LHe or KONA 3, which is a bummer.

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Danny Nieder
on May 11, 2012 at 7:21:00 pm

Are you seeing something I am not? I see they put a link in for the CS6 Drivers, but then it only says "coming soon" and the download link is not active.

Return to posts index

Ken Pugh
on May 11, 2012 at 7:46:34 pm

There is no AVID support for the LHe, does this mean AJA have dropped support for Adobe products now as well?

Ken.

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on May 11, 2012 at 7:54:45 pm

Oops - my bad. I checked yesterday, and it only had 5.5 drivers on their software page - not that it had CS6, I thought they had released them. I never clicked it to see "coming soon" because I needed the KONA 3, and there's no CS6 support. Sorry about that...

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on May 12, 2012 at 1:38:43 am

So I hope that AJA will have CS6 drivers for the KONA3, as I own two of them. I wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon. So far they've been great about updating the Kona3 at the same time they update the Kona3g.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.
http://www.d7-inc.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Hedin
on May 12, 2012 at 1:42:11 am

Today I read their press release, and they did say they plan to support the FAMILY of Kona cards, so I would only assume that means Kona 3 included. I just got my CS6 in a box today, and I am anxious to use it my Kona, but I will patiently wait because I would rather have it bug-free than an early release.

Kevin Hedin
Digital One, Inc.
Anchorage, AK

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on May 14, 2012 at 6:06:29 am

The Kona 3 is included. I'm running beta drivers for that on CS6 now. They aren't out yet as they aren't quite ready yet. AJA doesn't release drivers until they are solid.

Sorry, but the LHe is out, not supported with CS6. It is a shame, as it came out the same time as the Kona 3. I think the Kona 3 is more popular, thus why they are making drivers for it.

I did post a blagh about the Kona drivers...and how they will have more features than the other 3rd party cards:

http://lfhd.net/2012/05/09/video-out-of-ppro-cs6-switching-monitoring-forma...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on May 23, 2012 at 8:20:21 am

No LHe support?

Well AJA really is on a 'how to loose customers' trip if this is true.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on May 23, 2012 at 1:29:49 pm

[Paul Jay] "No LHe support?

Well AJA really is on a 'how to loose customers' trip if this is true."

The price of progress. I'm about to replace a bunch of Kona 3, 3Gs and LHi with IoXTs and T-Taps because we're ditching our Mac Pros in favor if iMacs.

I'm assuming the LHe has given you some good years of service as have my cards. Eventually it's time to move on to keep up with the latest software.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

David Jahns
on May 23, 2012 at 3:48:14 pm

Thankfully, we have had our LHe cards for many years, so like you said, - keep current and move on.

But this card was just discontinued a few months ago for the LHePlus. If I had bought an LHe last fall, and 3 weeks later Avid v6 (and now CS6) isn't compatible with it, then I'd be pretty upset.

AJA should over very discounted upgrades to anyone who purchased in 2011, in my opinion.

David Jahns
---
Joint Editorial
Portland, OR

Return to posts index

Matthew Sonnenfeld
on May 31, 2012 at 1:34:55 pm

Walter I'm just curious... Is there a reason why you wouldn't want to use a PCIe Thunderbolt chassis for the Kona 3, 3G's and LHi that you already have? The Sonnet is half the price of the IoXT and the Magma is a bit more expensive but has 3 slots. Could be very useful especially if you have fiber RAIDS, etc.

http://store1.sonnettech.com/product_info.php?&products_id=403

http://www.magma.com/thunderbolt.asp

And don't get me wrong, I have the IoXT and I love it, but as long as AJA is supporting the Kona cards that you have, why would you switch for twice the price?

Panasonic HPX170, Canon 7D
2011 Macbook Pro 17", 2.3 Ghz Quad Core, 8GB RAM
AJA IoXT
Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5, Final Cut Pro Studio 3, Avid Media Composer 3.5.4
The College of William and Mary

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 25, 2012 at 8:09:54 pm

Paul writes -
"No LHe support?

Well AJA really is on a 'how to loose customers' trip if this is true."

REPLY -
Hey Paul - I suggest that you call Blackmagic, Matrox, and MOTU, and ask them "when your product gets old, will you still support it". What kind of STUPID comment is this - there is NO company in our industry that offers the unlimited support that AJA offers - what kind of STUPIDITY are you spouting? Blackmagic, Matrox and MOTU (the only other choices that you have) - will NOT support or discount your purchase once a product reaches END OF LIFE. Don't like that fact - well, lets look at AVID. The $25,000 AVID Adrenaline is END OF LIFE, and will not work with Media Composer 6? what do you want to do Paul - sue AVID? How about the $150,000 AVID Unity - end of life in 2013 - let's all sue AVID because it won't run with new releases in 2013.

AJA is the ONLY company that continues to write drivers as long as possible, and gives you unlimited warantee, as long as possible, long after the published warantee date. Does anyone else do this ?

so exactly what will you do Paul, when EVERYONE tells you that your hardware is obsolete and you have to buy something new ? Maybe it's time for you to fill out that application at McDonnalds.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on May 25, 2012 at 9:07:07 pm

Bobs back.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on May 26, 2012 at 4:05:58 am

[Bob Zelin] "AJA is the ONLY company that continues to write drivers as long as possible, and gives you unlimited warantee, as long as possible, long after the published warantee date. Does anyone else do this ?"

I'm shocked every time I see an update to Desktop Video drivers
from Black Magic Design.

Why?

Today, they've updated for premiere 6.01

and the Multibridge-Extreme is still supported.

That device is nearly the same age as the LHe if I'm not mistaken.

So my extreme continues to get use and I'll be swapping out the Lhe for a Kona 3G.

I enjoyed your interview on the NAB Floor.

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
on May 28, 2012 at 2:39:04 am

Hang in there everyone.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on May 30, 2012 at 8:01:15 am

The latest Blackmagic driver even works with the first generation PCIe Extreme cards.

And also work great in Premiere CS6 and DaVinci.

Bye Bob, happy camping.

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on May 30, 2012 at 4:27:39 pm

I'm a big AJA fan. I'm sure AJA is working hard trying to get the CS6 driver out. I'm just getting really impatient. I've had to resort to using Final Cut Pro 7 with a project because I need the Client to be able to view the edit.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.

Return to posts index

Kevin Hedin
on May 30, 2012 at 5:25:36 pm

Greg, no one forced you to upgrade to CS6 until you are ready. I bought CS6 already, but I'm only using it on a non-critical computer for testing. If your running a business with clients over your shoulder, it seems pre-mature to upgrade until all the components you need are available, and you've tested your setup. I'm anxious for AJA's CS6 drivers too, but I have a system that works with CS5.5, and that's the most important thing.

My 2 cents.

Kevin Hedin
Digital One, Inc.
Anchorage, AK

Return to posts index

Thomas Pohl
on Feb 20, 2013 at 11:33:50 am

Hi Kevin,
where did you find it? I just see the driver for CS5.5 - or did you us e the one for Lhe plus?
Cheers
Thomas.

http://www.footage-online.de - RED footage and more available in HD, SD and RED RAW R3D
http://www.facebook.com/footageonline.de

Return to posts index

Greg Jones
on May 30, 2012 at 5:50:57 pm

I agree.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.

Greg Jones
Orlando,Fl.

Return to posts index

Kevin Hedin
on Jun 1, 2012 at 6:27:41 pm

AJA Drivers for CS6 Released!! Downloading now.

Kevin Hedin
Digital One, Inc.
Anchorage, AK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]