FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid, Aja and Closed Captioning questions

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle High
Avid, Aja and Closed Captioning questions
on May 3, 2012 at 4:34:02 pm

I am also post this in the Avid forum.

We are in the planning and budgeting stage of upgrading our facilities. We're switching from an SD, tape based workflow to an HD, file based workflow.

Since Avid opened up to 3rd party hardware, we're leaning heavily towards the Aja Kona LHi.

We're currently on MC version 2.7.7 which does not have the ability to do CC in the timeline. When we do you a digital cut to tape, we add CC routed through an Injector which is synced with TC from the deck. Even with our new workflow, we still have to deliver DigiBeta and BetaSP to some of our regional TV stations.

My questions…

1) Will will be able to down convert our HD show to SD through digital cut, with Closed Captions intact, with the LHi? Or do we need to use down converters? Is there a another/better way?

2) We also export the show to Sorenson for DVD and file based delivery. Will Avid export the CC data along with A/V from the timeline intact when we send it to Sorenson? (We use Soreson now, but are willing to look at other options if there's something better for our needs)

I would appreciate any insight!
Thanks, Kyle

Return to posts index

Kyle High
Re: Avid, Aja and Closed Captioning questions
on May 3, 2012 at 7:45:21 pm

Ok... maybe a more simple question. Will the Kona LHi pass closed captioning from the Avid timeline?

Thanks, Kyle

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Avid, Aja and Closed Captioning questions
on May 4, 2012 at 6:13:51 am

It will not.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved