FORUMS: list search recent posts

T-Tap question (audio)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
T-Tap question (audio)
on Apr 29, 2012 at 10:35:43 pm

Hi -
everyone wants a T-Tap. But the question is audio sync. To have sync audio while monitoring
the T-Tap, do you have to monitor the de-embedded audio output from the HD-SDI or HDMI output - or will the direct out of the Apple audio be in sync. I assume that you must monitor the de embedded audio output.

I anxiously await a reply - and I can't wait for the T-Tap to be released.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: T-Tap question (audio)
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:45:01 pm

[Bob Zelin] ". I assume that you must monitor the de embedded audio output. "

"Conjecture"
Since the T-Tap is expected to be using the IoXT device driver for output, I am going to go back to the old Bob and say "Audio follows Video" otherwise we run into the issues of the past when routing audio.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 30, 2012 at 12:52:12 pm

This is where a device like the Flanders Scientific monitor series comes in so sweet. We'll be monitoring the audio output directly from those monitors to ensure we're in perfect sync.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Aj Koch
on Jun 26, 2012 at 12:10:20 am

Bob -

This may be a stupid question but I too am looking at a T-Tap solution and wondering how to best ensure audio monitoring syncs perfectly with video...

Why not run the HDMI or SDI output from the T-Tap through another AJA converter with audio outputs, like the AJA Hi5 or Ha5, or something better? I'm unsure if you can chain AJA products like that together, I'm just assuming you can.

-Aj

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:26:57 pm

[Aj Koch] "This may be a stupid question but I too am looking at a T-Tap solution and wondering how to best ensure audio monitoring syncs perfectly with video..."

Or use monitors that support embedded audio (almost all HDMI monitors support this) or use a production monitor that supports audio over HDSDI from like those from Sony, JVC, Panny.

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jun 26, 2012 at 2:44:56 pm

[Aj Koch] "Why not run the HDMI or SDI output from the T-Tap through another AJA converter with audio outputs, like the AJA Hi5 or Ha5, or something better? I'm unsure if you can chain AJA products like that together, I'm just assuming you can."

All of our FSI monitors output audio embedded via SDI so we're just going to take the audio output from those monitors for sound.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"This American Land" - our new PBS Series.

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]