FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio dropouts w/ KONA LHE + FCP 7.03

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
christoph Gelfand
Audio dropouts w/ KONA LHE + FCP 7.03
on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:28:10 pm

I am using a 2010 Octo core Mac Pro (16gb RAM) with an Apple RAID card and KONA LHE. Running Final Cut 7.03 and feeding to an FSI 17" monitor. Everything was going fine with the setup until recently I started getting audio dropouts at random spots throughout my edit. I am editing ProRes 422 project with a stereo dialog track and a stereo music track- very simple. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Audio dropouts w/ KONA LHE + FCP 7.03
on Mar 7, 2012 at 7:41:52 pm

Please feel free to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email between 9am and 5pm PST Monday through Friday. They will be happy to review your settings and configuration.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Audio dropouts w/ KONA LHE + FCP 7.03
on Mar 7, 2012 at 11:15:02 pm

[christoph Gelfand] "Everything was going fine with the setup until recently I started getting audio dropouts at random spots throughout my edit. I am editing ProRes 422 project with a stereo dialog track and a stereo music track- very simple. Any ideas?"

In my expreinace, the audio dropouts are a result of gaps between the dialog clips when the audio is not all camera native 24bit-

In FCP audio decompression - when the tracks come from stock music mp3's or VO that was recorded seperatly- can take more time to playback than the straight video signal.

This issue can usually be resolved with a FULL Mixdown and RENDER of your audio and video tracks

gary adcock
Studio37

Post and Production Workflow Consultant
Production and Post Stereographer
Chicago, IL

http://blogs.creativecow.net/24640

follow me on Twitter
@garyadcock

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]