FORUMS: list search recent posts

Installed AJA 9.1 drivers and get the "unable to find external devices" message

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Arvidsson
Installed AJA 9.1 drivers and get the "unable to find external devices" message
on Mar 2, 2012 at 7:26:50 am

Got this message after installing the new 9.1 drivers from AJA.
Unable to locate the following external devices

But if I choose continue then everything seams to work?

Is it possible to check i I have installed the lhe plus drivers? But i dont think this is the case.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Joel Arvidsson
Re: Installed AJA 9.1 drivers and get the "unable to find external devices" message
on Mar 2, 2012 at 11:02:20 am

This was for fcp.

joelarvidsson@gmail.com

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Installed AJA 9.1 drivers and get the "unable to find external devices" message
on Mar 3, 2012 at 12:31:59 am

You might wish to review your selections in the AJA Control Panel>Video Setup tab. The Video Setup tab of the AJA Control Panel features a QuickTime Video Output Display Filter. These controls help manage the comprehensive list of video outputs and geometries that may be available to applications, particularly Final Cut Pro's A/V Devices tab.

By selecting the checkbox next to specified parameters, the video outputs related to these specified parameters are enabled as possible video outputs for applications. As an example, if the checkbox next to 25/50 is unchecked, 50Hz video outputs are deselected and would not be available to the user in the A/V Devices tab of Final Cut Pro. To avoid confusion when working in a particular editorial environment, users might elect to leave 50Hz unchecked if they work solely in a 60Hz editorial environment.

Note: If a prompt occurs in Final Cut Pro stating that the AJA output device is missing, this simply may be due to the QuickTime Video Output Display Filter for a given parameter being unchecked for the format selected in the application. If this occurs, simply make the appropriate selection in the Control Panel application and re-enter Final Cut Pro where the selection should now be available.

This information is contained in the various KONA v9.1 product operation manuals. You don't specify which KONA product you are using or a specific page number could be provided for your reference.

If you have additional operational questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]