FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHe SDI with FCP

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Ball
Kona LHe SDI with FCP
on Feb 13, 2012 at 10:57:10 pm

I just picked up a Black Magic HD Link and I'm trying to use it in my edit system, so clients can view what we're editing on an HDTV Monitor. I'm using a Kona LHe.

I'm just not sure how to set the Kona LHe up and FCP playback as well up so I can play back and view all frames on the HDTV Monitor. FYI I'm sending out a converted SDI to DVI signal.

Do I need to send an SDI input into the Kona? If so, from where? What settings should I use in the Kona control Panel?

I'm editing a Sony EX1 XDCam 1080P program.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Return to posts index

Robbie Coblentz
Re: Kona LHe SDI with FCP
on Feb 14, 2012 at 2:18:02 am

You don't need a SDI in for the Kona. Set FCP to send your HD signal out via the Kona. In FCP, check View>External Video>All Frames on. Then go down to View>Video Playback>AJA 1080 29.97i 8 bit to have the signal sent to the Kona LHe via it's SDI out. The Video Playback setting needs to match the FCP Sequence settings you are working on.

FCP takes control of the AJA control panel, so don't worry about it's settings for SDI. I always set Frame Buffer in the Control Panel to match the format of the sequence I'm working on in FCP.

That should feed the HD Link an usable signal. You might hit the Blackmagic forum for help with it.

Hope that helps.

Robbie Coblentz
Broadcast Media Group

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: Kona LHe SDI with FCP
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:37:48 am

Thanks Robbie, I'll give that a try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]