FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black and White Picture

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
Black and White Picture
on Feb 3, 2012 at 6:32:43 pm

Hello!

I have a Kona LHe that was previously hooked up to an old Sony Trinitron. Finally decided this HD thing is here to stay and just got a Vizio.

I have my component cable running from the Y/CVBS out of the Kona into the Y component in of the TV. Everything works great from my final cut sequence except that the picture is black and white. I've tried playing with the Kona settings but can't seem to figure it out. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Black and White Picture
on Feb 3, 2012 at 7:20:24 pm

HD formats are not transmitted over composite video connections. You will need to connect the KONA LHe analog component output (Y, Pb, and Pr) to the analog component input of your monitor (which may simply be labeled as "component" with color coded red, green and blue connections. For some consumer monitors, BNC to RCA adapters may also be required. Additionally, not all formats will be recognized by a a consumer HD monitor. Many consumer HD monitors, via analog component connections, will only recognize 1080i and 720p formats, not 1080p or 1080PsF.

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

James Whittington
Re: Black and White Picture
on Feb 3, 2012 at 8:25:22 pm

Ah...yeah looks like the TV only has RCA inputs. Guess I might have to make a quick Radio Shack trip to get three BNC to RCA adapters.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]