FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to transfer 3/4" tapes from Sony VP 7020 Umatic on Final Cut through AJA kona?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vihang walve
how to transfer 3/4" tapes from Sony VP 7020 Umatic on Final Cut through AJA kona?
on Jan 23, 2012 at 10:02:47 pm

Hello
I have AJA lo express attached to my mac.. I need to transfer 3/4" tapes. I have Umatic sony VP 7020 player. however I dont know how it should be attached to AJA box...
any help??

Thank you

vihang

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: how to transfer 3/4" tapes from Sony VP 7020 Umatic on Final Cut through AJA kona?
on Jan 24, 2012 at 1:20:04 am

The AJA Io Express only features digital inputs: SDI and HDMI. In order to interface with an analog video source, an analog to SDI converter would be needed. AJA offers the HD10AVA Mini Converter:
http://www.aja.com/products/converters/converters-hd-hd10ava.php

This converter works with both analog video and audio input and outputs SDI with embedded audio.

Please keep in mind that your source is 3/4" U-Matic and you will likely also need a time base corrector in the signal path between the output of the 3/4" VTR and the input of the HD10AVA Mini Converter; AJA does not offer timebase correctors, but you can find them from companies like Datavideo, Hotronic,TV One, etc. So your likely signal path would be: composite analog video output to timebase corrector, composite output of timebase corrector to HD10AVA Mini Converter, SDI out of HD10AVA Mini Converter to SDI input of the AJA Io Express. The analog audio out of the VTR can be routed to the HD10AVA Mini Converter, but you will need to check to see if the VTR is outputting professional or consumer levels (that model uses RCA audio outputs as opposed to XLR connectors and therefore may be outputting a consumer level); if so the HD10AVA can be configured for consumer audio levels via dip switch number four on the unit. Another thing to consider is if the timebase corrector introduces processing delay, you may need to route audio as well as video through the timebase corrector before connecting audio to the HD10AVA converter for optimal A/V sync.

For more information about the HD10AVA Mini Converter, you can review the manual for the product here:
http://www.aja.com/pdf/support/manuals_conv/AJA_manual_HD10AVA.pdf

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact AJA Technical Support for assistance. They are available via phone or email, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 5pm PST.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]