FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Prp 5.5 and Ki Pro Mini for real time dumps -faster then using Export function

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Daigon
Using Prp 5.5 and Ki Pro Mini for real time dumps -faster then using Export function
on Nov 19, 2011 at 4:29:08 am

I have a question for users and / or Adobe. I want to incorporate the Ki Pro Mini into my workflow to speed up long exports Im experiencing with long form shows and graphic intensive ones. My goal is to select Prores (for the moment) as the Preview files for the sequences I edit. Then I want to play it back in real time (not Export) thru the Kona 3 HD - SDI to the Ki Pro Mini. Ive just had a dialog with AJA technician and they said this process has been done a lot with Avid and Autodesk to create masters. The RP188 time code is embedded in the SDI video and triggers the Ki Pro Mini to record, and so the file has the same time code as the sequence. I asked him to try it with Premiere Pro 5.5 and he said............."It worked perfectly in FCP and with our VTR Xchange.I could not get the Ki Pro to trigger when playing the same clips through PremPro 5.5.I tried both compressed and uncompressed with the same results.".................So it sounds like PrP is not sending out time code thru the SDI video .Any input on how to get this to work is appreciated :D

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Using Prp 5.5 and Ki Pro Mini for real time dumps -faster then using Export function
on Nov 22, 2011 at 8:00:39 pm

You could always crash record it and modify the tc after the fact using something like QT Edit (part of Pro Media tools) if you're on a mac: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/promedia/

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: Using Prp 5.5 and Ki Pro Mini for real time dumps -faster then using Export function
on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:12:34 pm

What a great idea Jeremy. I wasn't aware software existed that could add time code to a Prores or DNxHD file where there is none. Its a good workaround, but I would hope the lack of time code output thru Kona 3 SDI will still be addressed by Adobe.

Tom Daigon
Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com
Mac Pro 3,1
8 core
Nvidia Quadro 4000
24 gigs ram
Maxx Digital / Areca 8tb. raid
Kona 3

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 22, 2011 at 10:23:25 pm

[Tom Daigon] "Its a good workaround, but I would hope the lack of time code output thru Kona 3 SDI will still be addressed by Adobe."

Yes, that would be handy. If you had a full size KiPro, you could do an rs422 layoff as well. I do it a lot from FCP7 for down/cross conversions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]