FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video feedback loop (maybe?)

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eddie Stein
Video feedback loop (maybe?)
on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:06:27 pm

When I try to capture footage into the AJA Kona LHI from a Sony A500 Digibeta,the sound disappears and the video plays slightly distorted like the heads are really dirty. The setup is as follows:

I hooked up a A500 digi-beta via SDI into an AJA Kona LHI and then into the MacPro 2.66 quad core with FCP 7. Then I have SDI going out of the Kona and back into the A500 Digibeta. So whenever I capture footage, the symptoms noted above occur. BUT if disconnect the SDI cable going from the Kona LHI into the Sony A500 Digi-beta deck, I am able to capture footage properly. This happens regardless if the deck is set to Playback EE or not. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I also have reference going from the Kona to a AJA Gen 10 to the digibeta and back to the Kona LHI. I tried setting the Control tab on the AJA control panel reference both to free run and the first option. NOTE: I posted this question with a post from 2003 because it was similar but I don't believe anyone saw it so I reposted here. Thank you all for your valuable insight.

Return to posts index

Andrew Rendell
Re: Video feedback loop (maybe?)
on Oct 22, 2011 at 11:17:53 am

It sounds like the Digibeta isn't locking up properly. Check the system setup menu item for servo lock and the out ref switch on the A500 and your ref signal wiring. It'll probably be one of those things.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Oct 23, 2011 at 7:51:10 pm

you absolutely have a reference problem. There are too many menus on the A500 (and I have not seen one in 6 months, so I don't remember the menus and switches), but there is a switch in the pull out draw that will affect this. In addition, go to your AJA Control Panel Control Tab, and MAKE SURE that that the Kona is set to EXT REF, and not FREE RUN. If it's set to Free Run, you can have everything set correctly on the A500 and the cabling and nothing will work.

I think that switch on the DVW-A500 pullout draw is called Reference Output - change that position.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Eddie Stein
on Oct 25, 2011 at 8:42:59 pm

I set the reference to external and worked perfectly! Thanks a million Andrew and Bob!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]