FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona Lhi and Lion

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Holland
Kona Lhi and Lion
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:45:48 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is using the LHI card and has updated to Lion ?

We have 2 here that have and they both have the same issue with SD timelines. The problem is when they try to adjust the playback settings it doesn't work. it won't hold the settings that are changed and as soon and you close the window Premiere Crashes.

It happens in both SD and HD Sequences when we try to change the Playback Settings in Premiere. With HD Sequences though we can still get the right output because for whatever reason the base setup is correct.

With our SD setup it always sees the the Analog Output as Composite + S Video. if we try and use the Control Panel and change it to Component BETA (we need to use this because we still use some BETA footage and we also have to do SD timelines because we do tags of SD spots) as soon as we get back into Premiere it resets it back to composite + S Video.

I don't have this problem but I am running Snow Leopard. The problem is I have the stuttering in my timelines when moving clips around and I have read Lion gets rid of it.

So basically what I am trying to find out is if there is anyone using the LHI in SD Timelines using Premiere 5.5 and with Lion and not having this problem ? The HD timelines work fine as does Final Cut.

Thanks

Chris Holland
Editor/Animator

Return to posts index

Alex Hawkins
Re: Kona Lhi and Lion
on Nov 9, 2011 at 2:19:31 am

Hi Chris,

We only do SD XDCam so my response is limited to that I'm afraid.

I am running Lion 10.7.2 with the LHi. AJA Control Panel & Adobe Utilities 9.1. PPro 5.5.2

Basically all things are fine but you still get stuttering audio on the AJA SD timeline. You still need to play around with the audio hardware settings. Audio scrubs beautifully on non AJA timelines though.

The lagging clip issue is pretty much resolved too which is great.

You don't say what driver version you're using with the LHi? Do you have a reference signal going into your card?

I have no problems with SD component out. You might want to consider updating.

Alex Hawkins
Canberra, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]