aja kona setting for video playback in Final cut 7

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arturo Gonzalez
aja kona setting for video playback in Final cut 7
on Oct 10, 2011 at 9:21:28 pm

Hi

I have a consultation:

I am using an AJA KONA 3 V9.0.3 with a finalcut V7.0.3. in a Mac Pro, when I open the final cut and I go to menu: Final Cut Pro -> Audio/Video Settings -> Summary Tab -> Video Playback.

That window show me a lot of aja kona setting for video playback.

The question is: How can I do to filtering or leaving just a couple of aja settings? The idea is that when I go to select the video playback setting, that window show me two or three settings because they are the ones I use daily.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: aja kona setting for video playback in Final cut 7
on Oct 12, 2011 at 7:36:49 pm

[Arturo Gonzalez] "The question is: How can I do to filtering or leaving just a couple of aja settings? The idea is that when I go to select the video playback setting, that window show me two or three settings because they are the ones I use daily."

First, which do you need? Please be exact.

Return to posts index

Arturo Gonzalez
on Oct 13, 2011 at 4:07:01 pm

Hi

I just need keeping in the finalcut playback setting the following settings:

AjA Kona3 1080i29.97 8 Bit (1920x1080) and AjA Kona3 525i29.97 8 Bit (720x486), the others are not needed.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 13, 2011 at 4:11:54 pm

What codec? 8b Uncompressed?

Return to posts index

Arturo Gonzalez
on Oct 13, 2011 at 4:23:47 pm

For HD I am using HD XDCAM 422 CBR 50 MB and for SD I'm using DV 25.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 13, 2011 at 4:49:36 pm

First of all, in the driver installation, you have more control as to what gets installed, but it still installs a whole lot of presets.

Also, in the easy setup window, there are "Categories" that are setup under "format" which help define what you need. So you might find it easier to swtich that to NTSC to list only the NTSC presets, and then HD to list your HD presets.

This might work for you.

AJA does not have specific setups for XDCam unfortunately. What I would suggest is to make your own using the "audio/video" settings window (option-command-q) and it will show up in the HD format category, and when you make your own, you can name it something like "AAA_Use this for NTSC DV" which will make it jump to the top of the list and stand out..

This next advice, use at your own risk:

Quit FCP.

In your Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > FInal Cut Pro System Support > Custom Settings window, move all of the files out accept the two that you need. Don't delete them in case you need them later, but just move them out of that folder. All that will remain are your custom presets that you need/have saved. Make sure to uncheck the boxes in the "setup > Frame Rates" tab of the Kona control panel. You would then have to trash your FCP prefs and restart FCP. If this doesn't work, then quit FCP and move everything back to where it was, and just use the custom named presets.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Arturo Gonzalez
on Oct 13, 2011 at 8:52:30 pm

I did what you recommended. I removed the codecs from Hard Drive > Library > Application Support > Final Cut Pro System Support > Custom Settings and it worked.

Thank you so much...

I have another consultation: Do you have had some problems with AJA kona plugins and FinalCut? Some times my finalcut application be quit unexpectedly and pop up a window with the following:

"Final Cut quit unexpectedly while using the AJAVideoOutput Plug-in"

I am using a Mac Pro OS 10.6.8, AJAKona Drive 9.0.3 and Finalcut 7.0.3

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

AG

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 13, 2011 at 9:33:30 pm

[Arturo Gonzalez] "I have another consultation: Do you have had some problems with AJA kona plugins and FinalCut? Some times my finalcut application be quit unexpectedly and pop up a window with the following:

"Final Cut quit unexpectedly while using the AJAVideoOutput Plug-in""

Have you tried the NDD drivers? You should also contact AJA support on that one.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]