FORUMS: list search recent posts

No output via HDMI from LHi

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Michael
No output via HDMI from LHi
on Sep 9, 2011 at 5:14:50 am

Hello,

I'm trying to get a monitor set up with the Kona card in FCP. But the monitor isn't recognizing any signal via hdmi input. I've gone down the list of "Video Playback" options, and it seems like none of them is working. The sequence is DVCPROHD 72p60, 23.98, 960x720.

Perhaps the FCP forum is a more appropriate place to post, but if you can even help me just run bars (or something) to that monitor, it will be a good first step.

I've tried 720p60 amd 720p23.98, 8 bit and RGBA.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: No output via HDMI from LHi
on Sep 9, 2011 at 8:01:03 pm

Have you installed the AJA drivers?

External Video set to all frames?

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Sep 10, 2011 at 1:22:50 am

Yes, I believe the AJA drivers are installed (I've got the control panel etc. - but they were installed by someone other than myself). And yes, all frames are on. You're probably right that it is something basic that I'm missing, but I'm pretty sure I've dotted all my i's here.

-David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:27:06 am

You can check to see if the Kona is sending a signal without FCP.

Set the output signal in the control tab to bars or ramp.

If that works, go to FCP and hit control-q and choose an aja easy setup, refresh the output and double check all frames setting.

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:32:48 am

Thanks for the reply.

I went to the AJA control panel, went to the control tab, selected test pattern, bars. Monitor still says it isn't detecting hdmi input. So I guess it's not just that my FCP settings are incorrect.

Any suggestions from here?

-David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:51:06 am

Double check the cable. Make sure the proper input is set on the monitor.

If that doesn't work, uninstall then reinstall drivers. What monitor do you have?

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Sep 10, 2011 at 2:58:37 am

Alright, well at least now I know how to send bars to the monitor outside of FCP. And from what you are recommending, it's good to know that this really shouldn't be a difficult task to set up. It's an ASUS VH222H-P. My first thought was the cable as well. I'll try removing and reinstalling the drivers first, then maybe I'll pick up a new cable tomorrow.

I appreciate the feedback and if you have any other advice, I'll take it!

-David

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 10, 2011 at 3:09:01 am

Make sure the cable is going from the out of the Kona, to the in of the monitor, and the monitor is switched to hdmi.

Do you have any other hdmi devices to plug in to the monitor to check it?

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Sep 13, 2011 at 2:02:11 pm

Thanks for walking me through this - it ended up being the cable. I found the original HDMI cable in the Kona box, which happened to work. Whichever one was originally used was somehow incompatible or plain busted.

-David

Return to posts index

Jim Wiseman
on Sep 10, 2011 at 6:31:01 pm

Saw the framerate and sizes you are sending to your monitor. Could you be sending PsF? HDMI doesn't support 23.98 PsF or any PsF that I am aware of. That had me stuck for quite a while on my LaCie 324. Listed as a number such as 1080sf in the control panel. It stands for Progressive Segmented Frame. It is progressive, but is recorded as two separate fields that are put together as a single progressive frame. HDMI standard doesn't use it. It must be P.

Jim Wiseman
Sony PMW-EX1,Pana AJ-D810 DVCPro, DVX-100, Nikon D7000, Final Cut Studio 2 and 3, Media 100 Suite 2.0.2, Premiere Pro 5.0 and 5.5, AJA ioHD, AJA Kona LHi, Avid MC, Hexacore MacPro 3.33 Ghz 24Gb RAM 120GB SSD, Macbook Pro 17" 2011 2.2 Ghz Quadcore i7 8Gb SSD, G5 Quadcore PCIe

Return to posts index

David Michael
on Sep 13, 2011 at 1:41:16 pm

It ended up being the cable (of course). I guess the guy who tried setting it up before me never tried using the hdmi cable that came with the card. The one they bought separately either didn't work, or has the wrong specifications. Found the box switched the cables and now I'm getting output.

Thanks for your input.

-David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]