FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolved - AJA Kona driver causing disappearing cursor on wake from sleep

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Nieder
Resolved - AJA Kona driver causing disappearing cursor on wake from sleep
on Aug 31, 2011 at 9:19:52 pm

I am posting this just as a help for others who may have this issue, since it took many hours on the phone with Apple to trace this down. I have a MacPro 4,1 and ever since installing the Kona 9.06 drivers that include the Macintosh Desktop feature, when waking the computer from sleep the cursor would disappear and the keyboard would be unresponsive. This happened under both Snow Leopard and Lion. Removing the Kona driver and re-installing the NDD version solved the issue. I don't know if this was limited to just my machine, but since I had trouble finding anything about this online, I thought I would post this to anyone doing a google search with the same issue. I am going to contact Aja with this as well.

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Resolved - AJA Kona driver causing disappearing cursor on wake from sleep
on Sep 1, 2011 at 9:55:14 pm

Sleep is not supported when using AJA PCIe products. Please contact AJA Technical Support via phone or email Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST if you have questions.

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Larry Russo
on Sep 23, 2011 at 3:37:44 am

I found your post exactly after googling "mac" "cursor" "sleep" "disappears". I knew it had something to do with the Kona card as it began right after I recently installed it.

Thanks for the post to help confirm this. I just read Aja's response. They don't "support" sleep? Sleep is part of any Mac computer. Might as well not supporting time machine or ethernet connections- that's ridiculous.

Return to posts index

Larry Russo
on Sep 23, 2011 at 6:05:37 am

Follow up: I downloaded & installed the NDD version and viola! No more disappearing cursor.

Thanks again-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]