FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD Output: suddenly stopped working.

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Lary
HD Output: suddenly stopped working.
on Aug 11, 2011 at 6:41:17 am

In a previously working configuration we're suddenly unable to output an HD signal. We first had this issue when printing to an HD deck from FCP, but we've removed both variables from the equation. Now we're sending signal from AJA TV to a monitor with the same results.

With SD source, SDI Out set to SD, we have no problem.

With HD source, SDI Out set to HD, we have no picture or sound. If we switch the SDI Out to Down Convert to SD we have picture and sound.

We've done a clean install on the system as well as updated all components and the problem persists.

Configuration: MacPro running OSX 10.6.8, AJA Control Panel v9.0.5, properly routed BlackMagic video hub

Thanks for any help with this.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: HD Output: suddenly stopped working.
on Aug 11, 2011 at 5:34:52 pm

Please consider contacting AJA Technical Support for assistance via phone or email, Monday through Friday between 9am and 5pm PST. AJA Technical Support is provided free of charge and they will be happy to help you.

AJA Technical Support contact information can be found here:
http://www.aja.com/support/contact-support.php

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

Mike Lary
on Aug 13, 2011 at 5:14:28 am

We did contact AJA tech support and they recommended that we swap out the card, but we've had some other unrelated issues on this system so I'm curious as to whether or not anyone has run into similar problems and identified a source outside of the card.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 14, 2011 at 10:55:04 pm

Mike -
replies below -

With HD source, SDI Out set to HD, we have no picture or sound. If we switch the SDI Out to Down Convert to SD we have picture and sound.

REPLY - what does "HD" mean. Your monitor and / or VTR may not support 1080p or 23.98. # 1 - FORGET USING FCP or Premier - just use the AJA Control Panel. Hit the Control Tab, select a Color Bar test pattern. Go to Format, and make sure you are outputting a 1080i/29.97 signal (not 1080p or 23.98). Look at the output of the Kona directly on a monitor or scope - NOT THRU YOUR BLACKMAGIC ROUTER. I don't care if this is a pain in the ass, and you have to physically unplug your MAC and carry it to a monitor to plug it in - BYPASS THE BLACKMAGIC ROUTER (and all it's cabling, patch bays, etc.). If you have an AJA Kona breakout box BYPASS the breakout box - go directly from the card output to a monitor or scope, with a 1080i/29.97 HD signal. Do you see a picture now ?

We've done a clean install on the system as well as updated all components and the problem persists.

REPLY - yea, but you are still using your "system". STOP using your system. Do all your tests from the AJA Control Panel, with a 1080i 29.97 color bar signal, directly into a monitor (do you own an HD-SDI monitor - how about analog component that supports HD signals ?) - you DO NOT want to pass this thru other equipment, and yes, I know that SD works.

Let me know what happens.
Bob Zelin

Configuration: MacPro running OSX 10.6.8, AJA Control Panel v9.0.5, properly routed BlackMagic video hub

Return to posts index

Mike Lary
on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:54:20 am

Bump... I'm really looking forward to any thoughtful analysis and relevant advice anyone can offer.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Mike Lary
on Aug 17, 2011 at 8:48:19 am

The issue appears to be resolved. We had to reinstall the firmware on our video hub.

Mike Lary
Digital Factory
Seoul, South Korea

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 18, 2011 at 3:32:16 am

I told you to abandon your system (meaning the Blackmagic Videohub)and just use AJA System Test Test Pattern output connected directly to a monitor, to see if the problem was the AJA product. But this was not an acceptable solution to you - or you did not like the tone of my voice in my response to you.

I am sorry that you did not try my suggestion right away.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]