FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bug Check: Default Video Output reverts to Color bards

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Davidson
Bug Check: Default Video Output reverts to Color bards
on Aug 9, 2011 at 8:54:37 pm

Hey guys,
Using the 9.05 drivers with a Kona 3 on a Lion installed 8 core mac pro. When I change the default video output to black or 'hold last application' in the control panel, as soon as I jump into FCP and then back out again, it reverts to color bars as the default video output.
Can someone else recreate this?

John Davidson | President / Creative Director | Magic Feather Inc.

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
Re: Bug Check: Default Video Output reverts to Color bards
on Aug 11, 2011 at 5:49:32 am

Make sure you change the setting with an admin logon. Otherwise it doesn't stick.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Aug 12, 2011 at 8:44:42 pm

It's a terrible idea to have multiple users on a mac pro with shared storage. There is only a single account, with full admin privs.

Return to posts index

Robert Brown
on Aug 13, 2011 at 5:09:16 am

[John Davidson] "It's a terrible idea to have multiple users on a mac pro with shared storage"

That works great where I work. But that's the only time I've seen that problem. Maybe it's permissions? You can always call AJA.

Return to posts index

John Davidson
on Aug 14, 2011 at 9:00:33 pm

Multiple users issues are documented all over the cow and the inter webs - I'm just pointing out a little bug for AJA. Sorry man - I don't have time to get into all that :).

The AJA preferences bug I originally referenced is not a huge problem, but when dumping out of FCP into another program, it's jarring when all the monitors jump and flash into color bars instead of holding the last frame of video out of FCP. I'm sure it'll be fixed soon - everything else seems fine via Lion/FCP/AJA.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]