FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona LHI

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley McPike
Kona LHI
on Jul 22, 2011 at 3:05:57 pm

I just recently received a Kona LHI card. We installed it into my computer and got the box that you can connect them to without having to crawl around back. Anyways, I wanted to test it out so I hooked up a Sony DVCAM DSR-45 deck via component cables, take it out of the deck and into my Kona. I opened to control panel and it is not reading any video inputs, I have tried changing some settings around but nothing. So I tried going straight through FCP, but still no luck, it keeps telling me there is no communication. Any suggestions? Or is there any settings that I am missing? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

AJA Sales Department
Re: Kona LHI
on Jul 22, 2011 at 7:15:20 pm

AJA Technical Support is a great resource if you are having issues configuring your system. The support is provided free of charge and they can be reached via phone or email.

The issue you describe could be a simple selection in the AJA Control Panel application or a simple setting on the VTR you are using; AJA Technical Support can likely help you sort this out.

Please feel free to contact them Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm PST.

Phone: +1-530-271-3190
Email: support@aja.com

--
AJA Video Systems
+1 (530) 274-2048 Intl.
(800) 251-4224 US
sales@aja.com

Return to posts index

John Mininger
on Jul 22, 2011 at 8:19:49 pm

I have a few things I suggest you check. Go ahead and close FCP to be safe.
Within your AJA Control Panel, the 'Control' tab will allow you to switch your inputs. Try changing this to 'Input Passthrough' for starters.
Your 'Analog In' graph on the left should have some sort of signal such as 525i29.97 if your deck is outputting a signal. If this is not the case, change your 'Inputs' tab to accommodate a component signal. This will confirm the AJA card is seeing video from your deck.

Launch FCP and then the Log and Capture Tool to see if that made a difference. If not, address your Capture tool. There is a Capture Settings tab - change your Device Control to 'Non-Controllable Device.'

If you need deck control, make sure you have RS-422 connected from your deck into the front of your AJA box. Then select one of the AJA Sony profiles in Device Control, and hopefully one of those will control your deck.

I hope this can solve your problem.

John Mininger
Video Producer, Jackson Marketing Group

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:48:34 pm

Ashley,
your Kona LHi came with a multi colored octopus breakout cable. Do you have it, or did you throw it in the garbage ? Forget the breakout box (that makes it easy to plug in things from the front. Plug in the breakout cable that came with the Kona LHi, and do ALL of your testing with this breakout cable, to see if your Kona LHi is working. DO NOT USE FCP. Only test with AJA Control Panel. Do you know what AJA Control Panel is ? Did you install your drivers by downloading from the http://www.aja.com website, or did you use the CD that came with the Kona ? You MUST use the website download.

I am here - let me know what your status is. YES, you must crawl on the floor with a flashlight to plug in that cable and do these tests. Groveling on the floor is what being a video professional is all about.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]