FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona3 Drivers for FCP & Premiere on the same machine OK?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Langston
Kona3 Drivers for FCP & Premiere on the same machine OK?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 5:41:20 pm

Just wondered if I can have the Kona3 Drivers for FCP7 and Premiere loaded on the same machine without problems?

Thanks,
Tim

Tim Langston
Cryin' Out Loud Productions
Fort Wayne, IN
http://www.colproductions.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona3 Drivers for FCP & Premiere on the same machine OK?
on Jul 5, 2011 at 10:15:53 pm

They are one and the same drivers so yes they're ok.

As I explained in my recent video on Vimeo, you have the AJA 9.0.1 DRIVERS for the card and the 9.0.1 Plug-Ins for CS 5.5

Two items that need to be installed and yes they perform just fine on the same machine.

<iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/25741693?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="800" height="500" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Tim Langston
on Jul 6, 2011 at 12:18:53 pm

Thanks Walter,

I keep thinking I'll wake up and find that it was just all a bad dream and Apple has really released FCP Studio 4. After a few pinches I realize I better take Adobe up on their 5.5 upgrade and start learning and editing in Premiere.

Thanks again Walter,
Tim

Tim Langston
Cryin' Out Loud Productions
Fort Wayne, IN
http://www.colproductions.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jul 6, 2011 at 2:42:07 pm

[Tim Langston] "I keep thinking I'll wake up and find that it was just all a bad dream and Apple has really released FCP Studio 4."

For an intents and purposes, Adobe CS 5.5 is actually better than Studio 3 was with the sole exception of Apple Color. If there was a way for Adobe to buy that and roll it in, we'd be completely set. There is a LOT I love about CS 5.5 and am wondering why it took so long for me to switch. Little thing like

True native editing with camera files.

Color coding all my materials as they are imported, no labeling the clips afterward. So if I assign a Purple to my Graphics files, each time I import a graphics file, it's already color coded to purple.

Color coding stays in the timeline.

Independent selection of Photoshop imports. Import it flattened, layered or selected layers.

Using submixers in the audio mixer.

Type on Video text too AND can create a whole slew of text files in one shot all based on the same template.

And there's a lot more. AJA and Adobe need to work out the handshake better so we get butter smooth playback all the time to the external monitors like we do with just the Adobe player, but I know they'll get that working in short order.

Overall, the switch from FCP to Adobe Premiere and the entire CS 5.5 suite is quite simple. It's like this entire situation happened at exactly the right time.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]